The Student Room Group

Btec business unit 6 Principles of management exam 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hello8727
It doesn’t mention the Labour turnover rate of management/maintenance staff so assuming that rate is zero, multiply the Labour turnover rate of temporary staff by 0.80 as they make up 80% of the workforce. For example in 2022-23, the Labour turnover rate for temp staff was 67%, you do 67% * 0.8 which is 53.6%.

that’s the number i got, i was planning on using that if it asks a question about employee engagement! thank you.
Reply 41
Original post by hello8727
Not sure if someone else has, so I've sent you Part A!

Hey I would really appreciate if you could send it to me at windowstechhelp123@gmail .com
Thanks
Reply 42
How many pages of notes can be brought into the exam?
Original post by Hgz101
How many pages of notes can be brought into the exam?

None for Unit 6. You will be given a new Part A in the exam with the Part B questions.
Reply 44
Original post by Amrit_Singh2005
Thank you for this, I was looking over it right now and this definitely helps a lot appreciate it

This is so amazing! Would you say Nina shows a democratic management style?
Reply 45
Original post by mwahxo

The style Nina demonstrates is autocratic. She refuses to listen to or approve proposals from her brothers and she also often disrupts and makes changes to the rotas her brothers have prepared! She also patrols the theme park constantly badgering staff with her checklist making them feel scrutinised! A solution would be for her to adopt a democratic leadership style
Original post by mwahxo

No the exact opposite it’s an autocratic style
Reply 47
Original post by mwahxo

You can develop on Nina’s autocratic management style further as she is also a micromanager by constantly following staff with a checklist. She is as far left of the leadership continuum as you can go. Her being a micromanager gives hints to the motivational theory she uses, such as Mcgregor’s X Theory, the belief that workers are inherently lazy and will slack off, therefore they need to be controlled and monitored to ensure that they’re productive (quite a negative view). Her being a micromanager puts too much emphasis on ‘Achieving the Task’ and lacks the consideration of the needs of the team & individual (Action centred leadership model).
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 48
Hey guys, Im doing the retake for this exam to boost my grades I did it last year but I do not have the pre release for it , would it be possible if someone can send it to me as I do not have access to my canvas anymore. We can also make a group chat to pass notes. Please message me on insta javierowe.
Reply 49
Original post by Goldenlabrador
Is anyone able to suggest what recommendations could be used for improving quality culture (acknowledging the employees and the lack of maintenance employees/ checks)?

Quality circles, upskilling, six sigma
Does anyone know what potential questions they may ask becuase I want to make up some practice questions and attempt to answer them thanks
And can someone give a brief example or idea on which part I can link to six sigma i understand that it’s a good thing to talk about but I’m struggling on what to actually link it to specifically
Reply 52
Original post by Amrit_Singh2005
And can someone give a brief example or idea on which part I can link to six sigma i understand that it’s a good thing to talk about but I’m struggling on what to actually link it to specifically

Six Sigma (DMAIC) is a framework Saxon Fields can use to deal with faults and issues that arise, very efficiently. DMAIC stands for Define (the issue, such as faulty rides), Measure (quantify the issue, such as number of faults), Analyse (the impact, unhappy customers & lower profit), Implement (devise and implement a solution), Control (if the solution is effective, control the process to ensure it does not revert back).

Six Sigma will help Saxon Fields reduce the number of faults and deal with faults more effectively, helping to improve customer satisfaction and increase profit as long queues and high repair costs are avoided.
Reply 53
Good luck to you guys!! Did this back in May :smile:
Original post by davidccch
Good luck to you guys!! Did this back in May :smile:

any tips? what were your 3 issues and recommendations?
Reply 55
for the exam aren't we supposed to link the issues with the goals and come up with recommendations with them
Reply 56
Original post by Beariee
for the exam aren't we supposed to link the issues with the goals and come up with recommendations with them

Also i found my isses and i linked them with the Saxon goals and i am now coming up with recommendations. But just for help can anyone just like help me on what i am supposed to do,. Like for example how should i structure out on what i need to look for and what i need to know because of course i dont know what the questions is going to be but because of that i am kind of confused on what i am supposed to do and frustrated about that as well. Also, i did highlight the case study and picked out alll the information's that i need but i don't know how to structure it out and i don't know what i should add in my notes (because i dont know the questions that will come up, so because of that everything is all over the place and of course i know that ).
Reply 57
Original post by hanns.0611
Hey! I've found some notes on studocu, btecbusinessnotes and stuvia. Has anyone bought notes from these websites before?

btecbusinessnotes is good, I bought the saxon fields exam example the other day and it's been useful so far
Reply 58
Original post by Gerard100x
any tips? what were your 3 issues and recommendations?

I had a different case study so different issues and recommendations. My top tip is to get a piece of paper or a book and explore the different learning aims it could be focused on [e.g., recruitment and selection, etc] and then draft out 3 aims and recommendations and bullet points u could make. This helped me a lot as when I got to the exam, Part B was easy because I had already drafted out the potential answers for the aims of the business using context clues in the case study!
Reply 59
Original post by ghostin.777
the topics that you have to talk about in this case study:

Mayo's human relation school of thought; this relates to the social factors that Nina took away from the employees

different functions of management

Maslows hierarchy of needs; when employees were given accommodation, this fulfilled their physiological needs etc.

different leadership styles; what kind of manager is Nina vs the old manager

business culture, how people work

calculating labour turnover, labour market analysis

quality management; how can they improve (hiring and retaining the maintenance employees)

motivation factors; financial and non financial motivators

managing human resources; how has Nina's management style affected Steven and Sam who work as HR managers

Tuckmans team building stages; talk about how Nina basically destroyed them

Action Centred Leadership Model; how is Nina's management style not coordinating with the ACLM

benefits and drawbacks of zero hours and temporary contracts

decision making model; how can Steven and Sam use the decision making model to assist Nina in reach their business goals

managing change

training and development

I'm confused as to how the actual exam will work. It's part A the same as part B (just a fresh copy) or does it ask a question?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending