The Student Room Group

Btec business unit 6 Principles of management exam 2024

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by EE_123
Original post by ghostin.777
the topics that you have to talk about in this case study:

Mayo's human relation school of thought; this relates to the social factors that Nina took away from the employees

different functions of management

Maslows hierarchy of needs; when employees were given accommodation, this fulfilled their physiological needs etc.

different leadership styles; what kind of manager is Nina vs the old manager

business culture, how people work

calculating labour turnover, labour market analysis

quality management; how can they improve (hiring and retaining the maintenance employees)

motivation factors; financial and non financial motivators

managing human resources; how has Nina's management style affected Steven and Sam who work as HR managers

Tuckmans team building stages; talk about how Nina basically destroyed them

Action Centred Leadership Model; how is Nina's management style not coordinating with the ACLM

benefits and drawbacks of zero hours and temporary contracts

decision making model; how can Steven and Sam use the decision making model to assist Nina in reach their business goals

managing change

training and development

I'm confused as to how the actual exam will work. It's part A the same as part B (just a fresh copy) or does it ask a question?

Part B is an extract you get in the exam, specifying the focus for the report and the presentation.
Reply 61
Original post by Hgz101
I'm confused as to how the actual exam will work. It's part A the same as part B (just a fresh copy) or does it ask a question?

Part B is an extract you get in the exam, specifying the focus for the report and the presentation.
I assumed the focus would be based on achieving the aims and objectives. What could they focus be as an example?
Reply 62
Original post by EE_123

I assumed the focus would be based on achieving the aims and objectives. What could they focus be as an example?

I recommend going to btecbusinessnotes. com they have a free guidance and tips document for the Saxon Fields exam
Reply 63
Original post by EE_123

Find a past paper of the Unit 6 exam, you’ll see a page showing the focus for the report and presentation
Reply 64
Original post by EE_123

You get the case study and you get time to research it which is prior to the exam. On the exam day, you get the Activity 1 and Activity 2 sheet which is Part B. In this section, it will tell you to "show your understanding of..." and "recommend that..." in other activities. These will be centred around the business, as well as the work you've done prior to the exam [such as Learning Aim A, B, C, etc - or at least that's what it was called when I did it]. Activity 1 is a report, whereas Activity 2 is a powerpoint.
Reply 65
Original post by davidccch
You get the case study and you get time to research it which is prior to the exam. On the exam day, you get the Activity 1 and Activity 2 sheet which is Part B. In this section, it will tell you to "show your understanding of..." and "recommend that..." in other activities. These will be centred around the business, as well as the work you've done prior to the exam [such as Learning Aim A, B, C, etc - or at least that's what it was called when I did it]. Activity 1 is a report, whereas Activity 2 is a powerpoint.

OK I get it. Thank you for clearing this up.
Reply 66
what structure are you guys going to use for the report?
does anyone know how to do the structure for this exam?
Reply 68
Original post by peace2
what structure are you guys going to use for the report?

The structure should be as follows [you can make tweaks but this is what I used and found worked best for me when I did it last year]:

Title of the report
FAO [For the attention of, i.e., who is the addressed to]
The name of you or the business you represent
Your title [i.e., managing director]

Introduction

Issue #1
Recommendation #1

Issue #2
Recommendation #2

Issue 3 #
Recommendation #3

Issue #4
Recommendation # 4

Conclusion
Reply 69
Original post by ntnttntbtntntn
does anyone know how to do the structure for this exam?

The structure should be as follows [you can make tweaks but this is what I used and found worked best for me when I did it last year]:

Title of the report

Introduction

Issue #1
Recommendation #1

Issue #2
Recommendation #2

Issue 3 #
Recommendation #3

Issue #4
Recommendation # 4

Conclusion
Does anyone has any idea what questions could come up in Activity 2?
Original post by davidccch

Title of the report

Introduction

Issue #1
Recommendation #1

Issue #2
Recommendation #2

Issue 3 #
Recommendation #3

Issue #4
Recommendation # 4

Conclusion

thank you so much do u know what for the presentation?
what are the different recommendations i need to talk about for the different questions that could be asked?
can someone write an example of how do write the recommendations and how to link it to the case study, or share any notes please.
Reply 74
does anyone have analysis on the industry and sector?
Original post by dwboutmynameaigh
I just got the part a about Saxon Fields, does anyone have any notes they'd like to share? Like what would work well in a swot, what theories to use, etc? Let's share!

Does anyone have the reasons for why Nina does what she does. For example, she micro manages. I need the balance and am struggling with reasons for her actions. I've included that she wants to cut costs etc but if anyone can expand that would be very helpful :smile:
Can somebody give me suggestions on what the question could be so that I can practice please becuase I’m not sure for both presentation and report please thanks
Reply 77
Original post by ntnttntbtntntn
thank you so much do u know what for the presentation?

Presentation should be:

Title slide

Focus of the presentation

Then start with discussing each focus in detail, linking it to your business
Reply 78
Hi, has anyone done any practice answers yet?
Reply 79
Run me the answers for this exam cuz. Ain’t no snitching 🤫🤫🤫

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending