The Student Room Group

accounting and finance

applying to university which needs BBB in any a levels and maths at 5
I have ABB and 6 in maths. Scared right now to apply. Is there anyone working in admissions who can tell me if I will be likely to be accepted or not please 😶
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by siahateskwl
applying to university which needs BBB in any a levels and maths at 5
I have ABB and 6 in maths. Scared right now to apply. Is there anyone working in admissions who can tell me if I will be likely to be accepted or not please 😶

Well, you meet the typical offer requirements so you'd definitely be considered.

Whether you get an offer depends on the competitiveness of the course at that particular uni as well as your personal statement. Is there any reason you are in doubt, just because of the subject?
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
Well, you meet the typical offer requirements so you'd definitely be considered.

Whether you get an offer depends on the competitiveness of the course at that particular uni as well as your personal statement. Is there any reason you are in doubt, just because of the subject?

im applying for accountancy and finance, I am just plain scared as I was last year when I applied to something else I have extreme anxiety about ucas as a whole plus im scared someone who has done business or maths will be favoured more even when I asked the admissions team they said there is no favouring done
Reply 3
For A&F you will probably get an offer if you meet the entry requirements.
Most folk who get rejected are the ones without the crucial maths grade.
Reply 4
For accounting and finance - any university which asks for BBB will make offers to pretty much anyone who applies so long as you meet GCSE requirements.

Which course did you apply for last year? Maybe you applied for something medical, or economics based in which case the normal guidelines for offers don't work particularly well.
Reply 5
Original post by ajj2000
For accounting and finance - any university which asks for BBB will make offers to pretty much anyone who applies so long as you meet GCSE requirements.

Which course did you apply for last year? Maybe you applied for something medical, or economics based in which case the normal guidelines for offers don't work particularly well.

I applied for bio/biomed/dental therapy last year and was rejected by one despite having A*AB predicted when they wanted BBB (university of Birmingham for dental therapy), I hope I get all my offers back this year for accounting and finance 😿 x
Reply 6
Original post by McGinger
For A&F you will probably get an offer if you meet the entry requirements.
Most folk who get rejected are the ones without the crucial maths grade.

thank you! hopefully I do fingers crossed 😿 xx
Reply 7
Original post by siahateskwl
I applied for bio/biomed/dental therapy last year and was rejected by one despite having A*AB predicted when they wanted BBB (university of Birmingham for dental therapy), I hope I get all my offers back this year for accounting and finance 😿 x

Well - courses like dental therapy might look beyond predicted grades and be very concerned about motivation and exposure to the field. Plus - did you apply with a biomed directed personal statement?
Reply 8
Original post by ajj2000
Well - courses like dental therapy might look beyond predicted grades and be very concerned about motivation and exposure to the field. Plus - did you apply with a biomed directed personal statement?

Yes my personal statement was for biology
Just to agree with the above that courses asking for BBB are likely to have a high offer rate. There's never any guarantee of an offer but you will be in for a decent shout and the only way to give yourself no chance is to not apply.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending