The Student Room Group

TSR: what are the goals you want to achieve in 2024? :)

Hello TSR, 2024 is finally hereeeee 🥳🥳! let me know what goals you are planning to 'tick off'/achieve in 2024: these can be spiritual-related, social-related etc! you can also let us know what your monthly goals are - you might not necessarily have goals you want to achieve all year round! also, make sure you are watching this thread to keep up-to-date with everyone else's goals from the TSR community ❤️

let us know what your academic goals are too: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7429649

let's uplift and support each other,
emmanuella x :biggrin:
(edited 3 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Nice coloured title and I don’t really have any new year goals, maybe just more general ones and that’s it
Original post by Talkative Toad
Nice coloured title and I don’t really have any new year goals, maybe just more general ones and that’s it

ooo i have a coloured title?!
Original post by emm4nuella
ooo i have a coloured title?!

Yeah if you go to chat and look but my goals are probably just to fix that sleeping schedule, secure something (won’t specify what it is), work better and harder then there’s other stuff which I can’t think of right now.
Original post by Talkative Toad
Yeah if you go to chat and look but my goals are probably just to fix that sleeping schedule, secure something (won’t specify what it is), work better and harder then there’s other stuff which I can’t think of right now.

yes i think a lot of us might have fixing our sleep schedules as a goal - me included :smile:!
Reply 5
Doing more creative skills like learning choreo or painting scenery because I genuinely enjoy them. I also want to become a tutor when I'm older so gaining the confidence to take those stepping stones like teaching my friends or recording myself teaching
Original post by Th4t1kid
Doing more creative skills like learning choreo or painting scenery because I genuinely enjoy them. I also want to become a tutor when I'm older so gaining the confidence to take those stepping stones like teaching my friends or recording myself teaching

omg wow those sound so cool <3!
as someone in y9:

i’m doing pretty well academically so I’m gonna try to keep that up

i’m really stressed about the future, not about gcses and a levels but extracurriculars and supercurriculars and everything else because i do basically nothing and only started a few things in y9 and it scares me so much (rant)

I also want to learn sign language, the piano, programming in python and javascript because i love computer science so much, and become ambidextrous!

and fix my sleep schedule like people have said hah

Original post by FlyingSquirrel10
as someone in y9:

i’m doing pretty well academically so I’m gonna try to keep that up

i’m really stressed about the future, not about gcses and a levels but extracurriculars and supercurriculars and everything else because i do basically nothing and only started a few things in y9 and it scares me so much (rant)

I also want to learn sign language, the piano, programming in python and javascript because i love computer science so much, and become ambidextrous!

and fix my sleep schedule like people have said hah

niceee! if you want me to answer any general questions about gcses and/or a levels, you can reach out to me by private message ❤️
This is a great thread to document goals, thanks for making it!

My academic-related goals:

Continue to work hard and maintain high grades

Achieve above 6 across all subjects during mocks

My extra-curricular/super-curricular related goals:

Complete DofE sections + DofE award (especially Volunteering, which I haven't started yet which stresses me out)

Finish reading book + making notes on it (which counts as a super-curricular)

My personal goals:

Try to manage stress/bad mental health

Learn a form of martial arts

Re-join dance lessons (as I dropped out after pandemic started)

Reply 10
I have a few goals that I would like to achieve by the year 2024. Here they are:

- Spiritual: I used to pray regularly, but I stopped doing it because of school exams and other commitments. I want to start praying again because it has a positive impact on me emotionally. When I used to pray, I felt more in control and everything seemed manageable. Since I stopped praying, I have been feeling sad and my grades have suffered. I want to get back to my regular prayer routine and improve my emotional well-being.

- Hobbies: I want to paint more often and make it a regular habit. Painting makes me happy and I want to make time for it in my daily routine.

- Academic: I am already doing well in school, and I want to maintain my good grades.

- Dance: I love dancing, and I always perform with my sister. However, I have never done a solo performance. I want to challenge myself and perform a solo dance in a program.

- Personal: I want to bake a cake that actually tastes good and is not hard as a rock. (kinda lame but)

Also, I want to write and read more in my native language as I am fluent in writing , reading and speaking , but I do not want to loose my skills as my school dont do it . I want to maintain my fluency by writing more

Thank you for taking the time to read about my goals!
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by *LifeHappens*
This is a great thread to document goals, thanks for making it!

My academic-related goals:

Continue to work hard and maintain high grades

Achieve above 6 across all subjects during mocks

My extra-curricular/super-curricular related goals:

Complete DofE sections + DofE award (especially Volunteering, which I haven't started yet which stresses me out)

Finish reading book + making notes on it (which counts as a super-curricular)

My personal goals:

Try to manage stress/bad mental health

Learn a form of martial arts

Re-join dance lessons (as I dropped out after pandemic started)

@LifeHappens - thanks you are too kind :smile:! i love the way you have laid out your goals - very nice! looking forward to you achieving them ❤️ they seem very cool
Original post by Alm_xo
I have a few goals that I would like to achieve by the year 2024. Here they are:

- Spiritual: I used to pray regularly, but I stopped doing it because of school exams and other commitments. I want to start praying again because it has a positive impact on me emotionally. When I used to pray, I felt more in control and everything seemed manageable. Since I stopped praying, I have been feeling sad and my grades have suffered. I want to get back to my regular prayer routine and improve my emotional well-being.

- Hobbies: I want to paint more often and make it a regular habit. Painting makes me happy and I want to make time for it in my daily routine.

- Academic: I am already doing well in school, and I want to maintain my good grades.

- Dance: I love dancing, and I always perform with my sister. However, I have never done a solo performance. I want to challenge myself and perform a solo dance in a program.

- Personal: I want to bake a cake that actually tastes good and is not hard as a rock. (kinda lame but)

Also, I want to write and read more in my native language as I am fluent in writing , reading and speaking , but I do not want to loose my skills as my school dont do it . I want to maintain my fluency by writing more

@Alm_xo - i loved reading your goals - i also want to try and pray more so its great that we have that similarity! i love that all your goals are linked to happiness! it seems like you want to prioritise self-care next year, which is something we should all do! and trust me, with perseverance, you will bake the cake you have always wanted to bake :biggrin:!
I wanna get 3A*s (or A*A*A) in my alevels, get into my top choice uni and get more consistent with the gym
Original post by thrivingfrog
I wanna get 3A*s (or A*A*A) in my alevels, get into my top choice uni and get more consistent with the gym

@thrivingfrog i believe in you - that is definitely going to happen! good luck ❤️!
Reply 15
Original post by emm4nuella
yes i think a lot of us might have fixing our sleep schedules as a goal - me included :smile:!

Can't believe people make resolutions to exercise when I'm just trying to force myself to sleep at a reasonable hour!
Reply 16
Original post by Alm_xo

(Random fluffy cake tip) - make sure to whip the butter/sugar/eggs really well, but then just gently mix the dry ingredients into that - I have found it really helps! And not lame at all :smile:
Original post by camargo
Can't believe people make resolutions to exercise when I'm just trying to force myself to sleep at a reasonable hour!

any goal you make is acceptable - people have different things they want to achieve in the new year and beyond! sleeping is a good start :biggrin: - and who says you cant do exercise?! @camargo
To finish my access course and apply to uni:smile:
Original post by accesstonursing
To finish my access course and apply to uni:smile:

@accesstonursing i love that - good luck ❤️

Quick Reply

Latest