The Student Room Group

Advice on future career

Currently taking a gap year after A-levels (AAB) . Not interested into going to uni and so currently looking at apprenticeships to apply to for year 2024.
I've an interest in a career in investment banking or something of the like but unsure if this would be achievable if i was to do an apprenticeship for project management or corporate banking for example.
Many of the apprenticeships i was potentially going to apply for arent working towards a degree, but an equivalent qualification, ones in corporate and commercial banking for example.
Other apprenticeships, such as many of the ones in project management are working towards a degree.
Ive read that investment banking requires a degree to get into but without doing an apprenticeship in finance, most options dont seem as if they would be related enough (project management) or dont award an actual degree (banking as above).
Would either of these be an option if i potentially wanted to go into investment banking as a next step after the apprenticeship had come to an end?
Reply 1
Don’t do a project management degree. I’m a project manager, you can learn the skills needed on the job as part of career development goals or for a relatively low cost out of your own pocket.

Uni’s just run the course because people pay to do it and don’t know any better.

PMP certification doesn’t need a specific degree either.
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending