The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

My Gcses fall below course requirements do I have hope for potential offer?

Hi, basically, my question is: I did very badly for my GCSE. I am a mature student, and I fall below the GCSE requirements for an archaeology course. Am I just wasting my time applying for 2024, or do I have some hope for a potential offer?

With my bad grades, it took me a little longer to get my grades. I am currently a student at the University of York doing archaeology; unfortunately, I have had to leave the course for personal reasons. I was a victim of a crime, and for mental health, I choose to leave. I also believe I will qualify for a contextual offer where the entry requirements are lower, among other things. I also have dyslexia, which has impacted my school life without adequate support. Or am I just wasting my time by applying?
Original post by Dumbooftown
Hi, basically, my question is: I did very badly for my GCSE. I am a mature student, and I fall below the GCSE requirements for an archaeology course. Am I just wasting my time applying for 2024, or do I have some hope for a potential offer?

With my bad grades, it took me a little longer to get my grades. I am currently a student at the University of York doing archaeology; unfortunately, I have had to leave the course for personal reasons. I was a victim of a crime, and for mental health, I choose to leave. I also believe I will qualify for a contextual offer where the entry requirements are lower, among other things. I also have dyslexia, which has impacted my school life without adequate support. Or am I just wasting my time by applying?

GSCE requirements are usually mandatory so it would be worth calling Nottingham before you apply to see if you would be considered with your current qualifications.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Personally I had a conditional offer for getting a GCSE from Nottingham. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending