The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

My gcses requirements fall below the requirements for archaeology course?

Hi, basically, my question is: I did very badly for my GCSE. I am a mature student, and I fall below the GCSE requirements for an archaeology course. Am I just wasting my time applying for 2024, or do I have some hope for a potential offer?

With my bad grades, it took me a little longer to get my grades. I am currently a student at the University of York doing archaeology; unfortunately, I have had to leave the course for personal reasons. I was a victim of a crime, and for mental health, I choose to leave. I also believe I will qualify for a contextual offer where the entry requirements are lower, among other things. I also have dyslexia, which has impacted my school life without adequate support. Or am I just wasting my time by applying?
Original post by Dumbooftown
Hi, basically, my question is: I did very badly for my GCSE. I am a mature student, and I fall below the GCSE requirements for an archaeology course. Am I just wasting my time applying for 2024, or do I have some hope for a potential offer?

With my bad grades, it took me a little longer to get my grades. I am currently a student at the University of York doing archaeology; unfortunately, I have had to leave the course for personal reasons. I was a victim of a crime, and for mental health, I choose to leave. I also believe I will qualify for a contextual offer where the entry requirements are lower, among other things. I also have dyslexia, which has impacted my school life without adequate support. Or am I just wasting my time by applying?

You are a mature student, which can lead to more flexibility in terms of entry requirements.

You clearly managed to secure an Archeology place at University of York previously, so they weren't bothered by your GCSE grades.

If you can secure a place once, I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to do so again.
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Hi there,

I'm sorry to read this. I think you should ask your tutor at the University of York if it's possible to transfer. I know people who have successfully done this from other universities and it saves you time. If that is not possible, I'd recommend contacting Cardiff University here.

All the best,
Cardiff student rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending