The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Gsce grades below the requirements Archaeology?

Hi, basically, my question is: I did very badly for my GCSE. I am a mature student, and I fall below the GCSE requirements for an archaeology course. Am I just wasting my time applying for 2024, or do I have some hope for a potential offer?

With my bad grades, it took me a little longer to get my grades. I am currently a student at the University of York doing archaeology; unfortunately, I have had to leave the course for personal reasons. I was a victim of a crime, and for mental health, I choose to leave. I also believe I will qualify for a contextual offer where the entry requirements are lower, among other things. I also have dyslexia, which has impacted my school life without adequate support. Or am I just wasting my time by applying?
Unclear which specific GCSE requirements you don't meet, but generally GCSE requirements are "hard" requirements and you need to meet them to be considered - particularly e.g. English language and Maths requirements. If you don't meet these then I would recommend aiming to retake the GCSEs.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending