The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Entry Requirements for biological sciences

I have predicted grades of AAC A-Biology A-Geography and C-Physics.
I want to apply to University of Surrey which needs BBB, however they do not accept tariff points,(the problem is physics being a C). I also wanted to apply to Queen Mary University which need ABB but the also dont accept tariff points. Should I still apply to these universities?
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 1
Its unlikely that you would get an offer from these sort of Unis with a C grade prediction.
The solution is probably to work your socks off this year to drag that grade up, plan a gap year, and apply next year with achieved grades.
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
Its unlikely that you would get an offer from these sort of Unis with a C grade prediction.
The solution is probably to work your socks off this year to drag that grade up, plan a gap year, and apply next year with achieved grades.

Would a foundation year be a good option?
Reply 3
Original post by Kira.D
Would a foundation year be a good option?

No - because you could then only progress to the main degree at the same Uni.

If you didnt get the grades you needed this year, a better solution would be to resit your A levels.
Or, just apply to 'points' Unis where the C grade will not be a deal breaker.
Reply 4
Okay, thank you for your advice.
@Kira.D

Thank you for expressing your interest in applying to the University of Surrey for Biological Sciences!

It’s good to bear in mind that your predicted grades are not your real grades and that you still have a chance to improve on them. Sometimes, people apply with predicted grades that are lower than the entry requirements and still get an offer. However, you must meet that offer on Results Day to get into that university course. If you are still looking to apply to Surrey, I suggest contacting the admissions team about your query at: [email protected]

Hope that helps and wishing you the best of luck.

Best Regards,
Britina
Biomedical Science BSc (Hons)
Reply 6
Original post by University of Surrey Student Rep
@Kira.D

Thank you for expressing your interest in applying to the University of Surrey for Biological Sciences!

It’s good to bear in mind that your predicted grades are not your real grades and that you still have a chance to improve on them. Sometimes, people apply with predicted grades that are lower than the entry requirements and still get an offer. However, you must meet that offer on Results Day to get into that university course. If you are still looking to apply to Surrey, I suggest contacting the admissions team about your query at: [email protected]

Hope that helps and wishing you the best of luck.

Best Regards,
Britina
Biomedical Science BSc (Hons)

Thank you for your help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending