The Student Room Group

Withdrawal from university

I'm a first-year student who has been withdrawn from university. I just got an email about it yesterday. I am so stressed and need someone who has gone through a similar experience to let me know what they did. My plan at the moment is to work this year and apply to university for the next academic year. any thoughts on how to proceed
Reply 1
Original post by Saturn-d
I'm a first-year student who has been withdrawn from university. I just got an email about it yesterday. I am so stressed and need someone who has gone through a similar experience to let me know what they did. My plan at the moment is to work this year and apply to university for the next academic year. any thoughts on how to proceed

You haven't given any details on why you were withdrawn, but working this year and re-applying for next year seems reasonable. Of course, applying for next year means working on your personal statement now and applying in the next couple of months.
Reply 2
Original post by lalexm
You haven't given any details on why you were withdrawn, but working this year and re-applying for next year seems reasonable. Of course, applying for next year means working on your personal statement now and applying in the next couple of months.

Thank you for your response. I tend to overwrite a lot so I only wanted to share the necessary details. If you've been in a similar situation I would be happy to privately catch you up on the details if you would like that :smile:
Reply 3

same situation, and im so stressed about reapplying for next year
Reply 4
Original post by melroseten
same situation, and im so stressed about reapplying for next year

Same, But I applied for an appeal too
Reply 5

Hey, I can help with this.
It is SO stressful at first, but the minute you go home it feels good. now you are probably settled into a routine of some sorts like me.
im trying to get a job but its so hard.
maybe reapply for a uni near you and commute? thats what I'm doing for next year and have reapplied.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending