The Student Room Group

I feel like I'm going my fail my A Levels

I feel as if I haven't done well on any of my exams and don't know what to do. I still have 2 more, but still. If I fail idk what I'm going to do. I really want to go to uni, and I need ABB and I'll be lucky to even get BBB.
What other options do I even have after A Levels, I have no talents that I can fall back on, and I need a profession in the future instead of just a job, which I need a degree for, which I can't get if I fail my A Levels
I am taking a gap year anyway, but I really don't want to have to retake them ahhh. If I did retake them, could I just do two of them, instead of all three incase one goes okay and I don't want to risk doing worse?
Omg I'm stressing so much
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by beefreya
I feel as if I haven't done well on any of my exams and don't know what to do. I still have 2 more, but still. If I fail idk what I'm going to do. I really want to go to uni, and I need ABB and I'll be lucky to even get BBB.
What other options do I even have after A Levels, I have no talents that I can fall back on, and I need a profession in the future instead of just a job, which I need a degree for, which I can't get if I fail my A Levels
I am taking a gap year anyway, but I really don't want to have to retake them ahhh. If I did retake them, could I just do two of them, instead of all three incase one goes okay and I don't want to risk doing worse?
Omg I'm stressing so much

The first thing I am going to say is that you shouldn't give up now. As you said you have 2 more so as long as you put all your energy into those ones and keep the ones you have already done in the past, you may suprise yourself. You don't actually know how you've done until you get your grades. Sometimes we think we have performed poorly but end up doing not so bad. Secondly, you have many options after A Levels. You can do an apprenticeship which not only pays you but also gets you hands on experience and a degree at the end. There are many options in apprenticeships which you can discover on this website https://www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship . Many people overlook apprenticeships because its not the traditional route to a degree but it's a really good route. There also many other things you can do that do not require A Levels, many successful people did not even finish school. As for retaking them, if worse comes to worse and you are in the position of retaking which isn't actually a bad position it is just a second chance, then you know what you need to do, you just need to push yourself to work hard and make sure you are prepared.
Try not to overthink things and just focus on the steps ahead and don't focus on what has already happened. You got this, best of luck! :h:

Quick Reply

Latest