The Student Room Group

Civil service to Consulting?

Hi all,

I am due to start an HEO job in the civil service which I believe is an associate-level role. I will be working in the Department for Business and Trade doing procurement and contract management and I was wondering how hard it is to move into consulting from the civil service, would I have to look at grad programs again? Would I be considered for associate-level roles? Is my experience relevant and useful for a consulting job? Is my academic background sufficient? (2.1 Law, Bristol Uni, A*AA - Alevels) ? Any advice would be useful?
Original post by username6497485
Hi all,

I am due to start an HEO job in the civil service which I believe is an associate-level role. I will be working in the Department for Business and Trade doing procurement and contract management and I was wondering how hard it is to move into consulting from the civil service, would I have to look at grad programs again? Would I be considered for associate-level roles? Is my experience relevant and useful for a consulting job? Is my academic background sufficient? (2.1 Law, Bristol Uni, A*AA - Alevels) ? Any advice would be useful?

You would have to look at grad programmes. Consulting firms typically discount other experience a lot. Seen people with 2 years investment banking experience come into consulting at the entry-level position.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending