The Student Room Group

Was I dumb for not doing the assessment centres?

Hi all,

So I recently received an offer at the HEO level in the civil service. As a result I withdrew from final interview/AC at Deloitte (gov & infra), Zurich, GSK, LCP. I am planning to attend my final at PA, EY and KPMG consulting but the others I did not attend due to a lower salary and it not being consulting which is a field I want to work in in the future. Was I dumb for withdrawing even tho they paid less and were not what I was looking for long term.
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 1
It’s kinda late to be asking this given you’ve already withdrawn so just focus on the remaining applications. If people say you were dumb then what? You start worrying and affect your remaining applications? Goodluck.

I would have kept my options open till I had a firm offer in hand.
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by kindus
Hi all,

So I recently received an offer at the HEO level in the civil service. As a result I withdrew from final interview/AC at Deloitte (gov & infra), Zurich, GSK, LCP. I am planning to attend my final at PA, EY and KPMG consulting but the others I did not attend due to a lower salary and it not being consulting which is a field I want to work in in the future. Was I dumb for withdrawing even tho they paid less and were not what I was looking for long term.

Would never say that someone was dumb for making the choice. If you felt it wasn't in your best interest then makes sense to prioritise elsewhere. Personally for me like to keep my options open just in case, but its not something to worry about. You made the choice and have to keep going forward now! Am sure it will be fine 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending