The Student Room Group

Do I keep working in recruitment?

Hi All so I graduated in 2022 and I took the first job I could get in recruitment and I don’t like it I’m trying to get a direct entry job in the civil service or boutique consulting firms with no luck. I got a grad scheme at Kubrick but it’s likely to be cancelled and as a result I stopped applying for other things so have missed the window. My question is:

1. Should I stay in recruitment now or move back home and focus on job applications? I feel like if I stay longer I’ve sold myself to this career I don’t like

2. How can I improve my odds of getting a job in consulting or the civil service?

Apologies for the generic complaints just feeing hopeless at the moment
Original post by sami1815
Hi All so I graduated in 2022 and I took the first job I could get in recruitment and I don’t like it I’m trying to get a direct entry job in the civil service or boutique consulting firms with no luck. I got a grad scheme at Kubrick but it’s likely to be cancelled and as a result I stopped applying for other things so have missed the window. My question is:

1. Should I stay in recruitment now or move back home and focus on job applications? I feel like if I stay longer I’ve sold myself to this career I don’t like

2. How can I improve my odds of getting a job in consulting or the civil service?

Apologies for the generic complaints just feeing hopeless at the moment

If you want to change careers, then now would have been a good time to do so.
On the other hand...

You work in recruitment and you don't know the answer to this question? If you leave now, what makes you think your odds will suddenly improve?
If you're in a priviledged situation where you get to learn what is required to get a job in consulting or the civil service, don't you think you should look into this first before quitting? I recommend doing your research in these areas first (or at least ask your colleagues working in these sectors) before moving on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending