The Student Room Group

Kicked out by September 1st, need help finding a place to stay or funds to move out.

I'm being kicked out by September 1st,

I expect to receive my maintenance loan by September 18th.

I need the funds to move out (deposit and first months' rent) or a place to stay during that almost 3 week gap - what can I do?

What I've done so far:
I used all of my student bank account overdraft (during my 1st year on a 3 year course, I have since stopped that 3 year course and am now studying a different 2 year accelerated course.)

I've already requested an increase to my overdraft limit.

The people I spoke to at my university seem overly confident I'll receive my maintenance loan on time.

I know to expect my loan by the 18th Sep based on SFE's site confirming that applications made in late July can take up to 8 weeks.

I've also asked every housing agent if they offer any solutions, although to no avail.

I spent the past year saving up for this exact issue, but had to use most of those savings on unexpected emergencies.
Original post by Hyper_
I'm being kicked out by September 1st,

I expect to receive my maintenance loan by September 18th.

I need the funds to move out (deposit and first months' rent) or a place to stay during that almost 3 week gap - what can I do?

What I've done so far:
I used all of my student bank account overdraft (during my 1st year on a 3 year course, I have since stopped that 3 year course and am now studying a different 2 year accelerated course.)

I've already requested an increase to my overdraft limit.

The people I spoke to at my university seem overly confident I'll receive my maintenance loan on time.

I know to expect my loan by the 18th Sep based on SFE's site confirming that applications made in late July can take up to 8 weeks.

I've also asked every housing agent if they offer any solutions, although to no avail.

I spent the past year saving up for this exact issue, but had to use most of those savings on unexpected emergencies.

Hi there, We would advise speaking with a financial advisor at your university. You may find their direct contact details on the National Association of Student Money Advisors (NASMA) website here - http://ow.ly/R6uL30mRqJh Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending