The Student Room Group

I keep eating at night

I get starving at like 2am and often eat cheese and biscuits or toast. is thi because i go to sleep at 5am and wake up at 12?
Reply 1
Why are those your hours to sleep; working or just lounging at home?

Whatever your sleep pattern, treat your waking hours as normal and eat proper meals.
Reply 2
yeah just at home
i try to eat normally but i'm never hungry just when i wake up (at lunch time)
and i feel tired and slow all the time even when i've spent like 13 hours in bed
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #1
yeah just at home
i try to eat normally but i'm never hungry just when i wake up (at lunch time)
and i feel tired and slow all the time even when i've spent like 13 hours in bed

There's a big difference between spending 13 hours in bed and 13 hours asleep, that's why you're tired!

What is stopping you improving your lifestyle as regards waking hours, mealtimes and food intake?
Reply 4
Original post by Surnia
There's a big difference between spending 13 hours in bed and 13 hours asleep, that's why you're tired!

What is stopping you improving your lifestyle as regards waking hours, mealtimes and food intake?

idk im sad lol
Reply 5
I get starving at like 2am and often eat cheese and biscuits or toast. is thi because i go to sleep at 5am and wake up at 12?

Your probably 'feeding your feelings' - look it up.
Your pattern is probably very unhealthy - you might want to examine why - thoughts, feelings and action (lack of)
Get some exercise. Walking is a good start.
Bring your times back to more normal - set alarm earlier either by 1 or 2 hours.
Good Luck
Reply 6
Original post by Grizwuld
Your probably 'feeding your feelings' - look it up.
Your pattern is probably very unhealthy - you might want to examine why - thoughts, feelings and action (lack of)
Get some exercise. Walking is a good start.
Bring your times back to more normal - set alarm earlier either by 1 or 2 hours.
Good Luck

its not exactly comfort eating, it's just because i'm hungry cos i don't eat much during the day cos i get up so late
i've examined my thoughts to death but knowing what's wrong doesn't immediately fix the problem
i do run a few times a week
ik i should do stuff at more normal times, but i just don't have any compelling reason to
Reply 7
it's normal to eat when you're awake, so what are you really asking here

what's so good about sleeping during the day and up at night? something is compelling you to do this, which is fine if you're being productive
Reply 8
how are you affording cheese? jealous
i haven't afforded cheese since before cost of living crisis
Reply 9
Original post by Genesiss
how are you affording cheese? jealous
i haven't afforded cheese since before cost of living crisis

just cheddar
Reply 10
just cheddar

red leicester? god i miss her.

can only afford 'cheesy slices' which i don't think is cheese
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 11
Original post by thebigkushblower
stop smoking that ganja broseph! Dem hunger levels will be dropping like a prime ksi

ahaha i literally don't tho
Reply 12
If you're hungry, it's generally a sign that you need to eat. Most people have a meal a few hours before they go to sleep, so a 2 am meal sounds like a good idea given your current sleep schedule.

You're hungry because you're not eating enough, and going running means that you're going to need more food anyway. Eat more throughout the day (when you're awake), and proper meals not just little snacky things (snacks are ok in addition to decent meals). Get up when you get up, have breakfast (even if you're not massively hungry), lunch a few hours later, dinner a few hours after that, and maybe a few snacks between. Don't worry about adhering to conventional meal times!

Or as an alternative, change your sleeping pattern so that you're not getting up so late.

Quick Reply

Latest