The Student Room Group

Hi! Is anyone starting Midwifery at Bolton in April 2024?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
So April cohorts are Manchester hospitals only, and January cohorts are primarily between Lancashire and Bolton!

In terms of interview tips, I found my interview really informal. I would read up on some interesting topics that are current in midwifery to show your interest, and genuinely just be yourself and show your passion for becoming a midwife! I found midwifery interview tip videos on YouTube very helpful too x
Reply 21
Sorry, I think I’ve logged into an old account 😂
Reply 22
Original post by Mamaclark89
I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you, for next week! X

Had my interview today! How long did it take for you to hear back?
I asked about the placements are there is only one hospital in Manchester available and apparently you can get put anywhere within a 90 minute drive from your home address.
I heard on Friday after my interview, they did say anytime upto five pm and mine was at 16:50 🤦🏻*♀️ so I was constantly checking my phone all day 🤣
How was the interview? Did you feel it went well? X
Reply 24
I heard on Friday after my interview, they did say anytime upto five pm and mine was at 16:50 🤦🏻*♀️ so I was constantly checking my phone all day 🤣
How was the interview? Did you feel it went well? X

I bet you was! I’d be the same 😅
Well I need to do the maths and English assessment, they said I can do it on Friday as I work in the office on Mondays. Hoping it’s next week then if it only took you a couple of days.
Interview went well I thought, so keeping positive. There was nobody for the April midwifery course on my interview, it was all adult nursing applicants for September. They did mentioned everyone would get feedback on Friday, but not offers as that is at a later date - So unsure now 😅
I was the only one for April Midwifery on mine too, there was one other for Jan 25 intake and the rest child/adult nursing.
Ah well the Maths & English is pretty straightforward 🙂 I’m sure you’ll have no problems with it! If you do it Friday AM you may still hear back in the PM! I’ll hold a good thought for you - let us know when you hear! 🤞🏻🤞🏻
Reply 26
I was the only one for April Midwifery on mine too, there was one other for Jan 25 intake and the rest child/adult nursing.
Ah well the Maths & English is pretty straightforward 🙂 I’m sure you’ll have no problems with it! If you do it Friday AM you may still hear back in the PM! I’ll hold a good thought for you - let us know when you hear! 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Thankyou 🥰 I will let you know how it goes!
Reply 27

Hi 😊
Just competed my assessment this morning and I was advised I’d receive feedback today, but they pass this on to admissions to send out offers if successful - Is this how they did it with you? I’m just confused haha, I thought it would just be either and offer or a no. Sorry for pestering 😅
Original post by Katie1586
Hi 😊
Just competed my assessment this morning and I was advised I’d receive feedback today, but they pass this on to admissions to send out offers if successful - Is this how they did it with you? I’m just confused haha, I thought it would just be either and offer or a no. Sorry for pestering 😅

I received a phone call from one of the tutors and then my ucas updated pretty quickly afterwards 🙂 fingers crossed for you 🤞🏻
Reply 29
I received a phone call from one of the tutors and then my ucas updated pretty quickly afterwards 🙂 fingers crossed for you 🤞🏻

I had an email yesterday to state I’ve passed the interview and assessment but it’s not an offer. I have to wait 1-2 weeks for the admissions team for an offer - Which I’m assuming I will get if I passed everything? It’s all very confusing 😅
I had an email yesterday to state I’ve passed the interview and assessment but it’s not an offer. I have to wait 1-2 weeks for the admissions team for an offer - Which I’m assuming I will get if I passed everything? It’s all very confusing 😅

Awww what! How’s that fair?! Fingers crossed for you lovely! Maybe give them a call next week? The admissions team have been lovely with me and my queries.
Reply 31
Awww what! How’s that fair?! Fingers crossed for you lovely! Maybe give them a call next week? The admissions team have been lovely with me and my queries.

Yeah I will give them a call - I thought it was strange I didn’t get an offer too, maybe April is full as they have asked me if I would also consider January 2025. The love to keep me on edge 😅
Reply 32

It seems I’ve got in but waiting to hear if it is this April or January 2025, it’s all a bit up in the air - Crossing my fingers for April start date 🤞🏻
It seems I’ve got in but waiting to hear if it is this April or January 2025, it’s all a bit up in the air - Crossing my fingers for April start date 🤞🏻
Looks like I’ll be seeing you in April! 😊
Yayyy! 🥳 Congratulations!

There’s a WhatsApp group with a couple of other girls on there too.
Yayyy! 🥳 Congratulations!

There’s a WhatsApp group with a couple of other girls on there too.
Thankyou!
I have just messaged you with my mobile number,
Speak soon 😊
Thankyou!
I have just messaged you with my mobile number,
Speak soon 😊
Hey I’m wanting to apply for midwifery at Bolton but I thought there was a September intake as the website said there was. I have now found out there isn’t a September intake, do you think it’s too late for me to apply for April intake now? X
Original post by Beth96JK
Hey I’m wanting to apply for midwifery at Bolton but I thought there was a September intake as the website said there was. I have now found out there isn’t a September intake, do you think it’s too late for me to apply for April intake now? X
Hi 😊
To be honest I struggled and fought for a place in April as they were at capacity - But it’s worth giving the admissions team a call as they may still consider and they are really helpful - If not January 2025 is the next intake I believe.
Hi 😊
To be honest I struggled and fought for a place in April as they were at capacity - But it’s worth giving the admissions team a call as they may still consider and they are really helpful - If not January 2025 is the next intake I believe.

Thank you for your advice, it was really frustrating as I called the admissions team at first and they said that September intake would open for applications in April but only from reading this thread and calling again I found out there wasn’t one.
Original post by Beth96JK
Thank you for your advice, it was really frustrating as I called the admissions team at first and they said that September intake would open for applications in April but only from reading this thread and calling again I found out there wasn’t one.
Yeah it’s not great you’ve been given the wrong advice! Hopefully they can sort something out for you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending