The Student Room Group

Hi! Is anyone starting Midwifery at Bolton in April 2024?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Katie1586
Yeah it’s not great you’ve been given the wrong advice! Hopefully they can sort something out for you :smile:

Hi I have my interview next week just wondering anyone got any advice? ☺️
Original post by Beth96JK
The interview is quite informal - Just remember why you want to be a midwife and be yourself and you will be just fine :smile:
I agree with Katie! They’re all lovely, it’s really laid back, just be yourself and let your passion come through. Good luck!
Original post by Mamaclark89
I agree with Katie! They’re all lovely, it’s really laid back, just be yourself and let your passion come through. Good luck!

Thank you so much for the advice from both of you it’s been a while since I’ve had an interview so I’m just a bit anxious 🙈 x
How did it go Beth? X
Original post by jesspreston1
Hi everyone, I am currently a student midwife at the University of Bolton so any questions let me know 🙂 x
Hi Jess, before you started how long was it before you were sent any info?? We’re due to start in less than 6 weeks now and had nothing through 🥴 I’m a planner haha and it’s making me anxious!
How did it go Beth? X

Thank you for asking ☺️ I feel like it went well I’m waiting for feedback today and hopefully have an outcome by the end of the week. I asked about April start and they weren’t sure about if there were spaces or not but fingers crossed 🤞 x
Thank you for asking ☺️ I feel like it went well I’m waiting for feedback today and hopefully have an outcome by the end of the week. I asked about April start and they weren’t sure about if there were spaces or not but fingers crossed 🤞 x
Eeekk! Fingers crossed for you! Good luck! X
Eeekk! Fingers crossed for you! Good luck! X

I have just found out I have a place for April 👏 x
Well done Beth 🥰🙌🏻
Aww wonderful news! We have a little WhatsApp group if you want to be added?
Aww wonderful news! We have a little WhatsApp group if you want to be added?

Oh yes please it will be lovely to know a few names before starting, I will try and message you my number x
Reply 52
Hi, can anyone let me know how long it took to hear back after completing your interviews?
Thankyou :smile:
Original post by lizz23
Hi, can anyone let me know how long it took to hear back after completing your interviews?
I heard on the Friday, following the interview on the Wednesday. They told me I’d hear by 5pm on the Friday and it was like 4.55 😂🫣 I must have checked my phone every minute.
Original post by lizz23
Hi 😊
I had my interview on a Wednesday and on the Friday I had an email to say I’d passed everything - For my offer it took a little longer because they have to try and find space for me in the April cohort, but other people have also had an interview and received feedback and an offer at the same time. You can always ring the admissions team and chase if it’s taking a while, they are very helpful.
Original post by lizz23

Hi 😊 I interviewed the Wednesday and had an offer the following Friday morning x
Reply 56
Original post by Katie1586
Hi 😊
I had my interview on a Wednesday and on the Friday I had an email to say I’d passed everything - For my offer it took a little longer because they have to try and find space for me in the April cohort, but other people have also had an interview and received feedback and an offer at the same time. You can always ring the admissions team and chase if it’s taking a while, they are very helpful.

Hello,
Thank you so much for replying! I am sure this is the case with me too as I am closer to the Manchester hospitals which is why they’d want me on the April cohort :/ do you remember roughly how long you waited for an offer? If you didn’t it’s fine, I have rang the admissions team and can’t get through for some reason.
Original post by lizz23
Hello,
Thank you so much for replying! I am sure this is the case with me too as I am closer to the Manchester hospitals which is why they’d want me on the April cohort :/ do you remember roughly how long you waited for an offer? If you didn’t it’s fine, I have rang the admissions team and can’t get through for some reason.

Hi,
I had to chase admissions for nearly 2 weeks tbh - The main issue was the course was full for April and they had to contact the NHS trust to ask if one more person could be accepted on the course, then I was offered Stockport as placement which I accepted, as that’s all they had left - But not far from me. My advice is just keep relentlessly ringing and ask for a lady named Emma, she’s great 😊
Original post by jesspreston1
Hi everyone, I am currently a student midwife at the University of Bolton so any questions let me know 🙂 x

Hi Jess,
Please can you advise what your timetable looks like for the week? We have been told we won’t receive ours for another 3 weeks but just want to get an idea 😊
Hi yes, I've just enrolled and been sent a generic timetable for the year! 😄

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending