The Student Room Group

Unit 11 Cyber Security Incident Management and Unit 14 IT Service Delivery BTEC

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Anyone know what should be added in the ERD?
Original post by fatimaxdx
can you tell us what else was added from part b such as threats. I've got it tomorrow

Threats in unit 14?? Is this not unit 11?
Original post by fatimaxdx
can you tell us what else was added from part b such as threats. I've got it tomorrow

Ohhhh I remember they also said that the business is currently not using any tablets so this could be an improvement
Original post by 17727abc
Anyone know what should be added in the ERD?

Do you maybe know if all the buildings of the business is in the same location or in different locations?
Reply 24
Original post by GAGACHOW
This is a form for the 2024 IT Students.

does anyone remember what members of staff where there?
Reply 25
Who has seen the unit 11 paper
Does anyone know each function role’s duties? I know the functional roles are the General Manager, Office Manager, Administration Assistant, Sales Assistant, Auxiliary Staff, Potters, IT Contractors and Couriers, but their duties is where my remembering gets foggy.
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by LSPD
Has anyone started activity 3 for unit 14? Ive partially done 1&2 i know what im doing and fairly confident its just a timing issue getting everything written down, theres so much to write lol

On the same boat here. Timing is definitely the most difficult aspect of this exam. Got to get my speed up for the remaining two sessions.
Reply 28
Original post by shbobbbbb
If anyone has started unit 11, could you please explain the scenario and what threats you identified? Got the exam tomorrow and want to be as ready as possible.

Let us know tomorrow evening, we got it on Tuesday
Has anyone done IT service delivery exam yet and knows whats on it?
Original post by arfgrff
Let us know tomorrow evening, we got it on Tuesday

In unit 11 for part a
hi does anyone know if you are supposed to enter more than one method of fixing for the risks in activity 2 or are we supposed to save it for activity 3 where you write about alternative methods
(edited 3 months ago)
In unit 11 for part a
hi does anyone know if you are supposed to enter more than one method of fixing for the risks in activity 2 or are we supposed to save it for activity 3 where you write about alternative methods
Original post by LSPD
oh really, fair enough, how much detail did u go on the ERD? thats the part im struggling on, not sure at what lengths to go at in the ERD/Network Map/Managing Infrastructure write-up, given the time constraint

tbh not that much just did the tables and connection like 1 to 1 and 1 to many etc
and for the network diagram i did it for the payments whether they're online or in the organisation at the tills and for the wifi and i also explained it in a few paragraphs and i also have done a data flow diagram and from previous examples of work i have done and showed my teacher it scored me good 12-16 marks sum like that
Original post by LSPD
have anybody done It service delivery part b yet?

yes
Reply 34
Original post by GAGACHOW
This is a form for the 2024 IT Students.

hows it going for everyone
Original post by rezzo100

have u done the exam? do you know the scenario? have the exam on thursday
Original post by rezzo100

terrible, i have no idea what to do
Reply 37
Original post by arfgrff
Would you say your prepared? Do you have any tips/advice especially for Unit 11

need help with ideas on the network diagram as i am not prepared for that one at all or the erg.
other questions
do i need to include pottery machinery
do i need computer names for hardware example my research has device names like ACER123 LAPTOP or something silly.
does the software need actual software names like ones u can buy online as i have done real ones
activity two do i need to include workbenches and tools/storage and shelves??
do i need to take training into perspective and is that needed for basic systems or is it for the machinery?
this is an IT exam but i feel like im doing business :frown:
Reply 38
Original post by anonymous34293
Yeahh i finished activity 1 and almost activity two and just created an ERD template for activity 3

what is an erd lol
Reply 39
Original post by LSPD
maybe if you were including IoT pottery machines i guess.
I think so, all the revision material seems to mention to include idk HP victus Intel Core i5, 8GB etc..
I think it does need actual software names like say the VPN like expressVPN etc.
again im not sure unless maybe it has some form of IoT or It feature then idk
training i would take into account yes
and IKR! this is IT lol

we was not given anywhere near enough information pre exam or taught enough i feel like all they did was give us mock exams and said do it :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending