The Student Room Group

want to withdraw from a level exam

In yr12 I studied psych maths and sociology originally I wanted to do bio, chem, and math but had to change because of my GCSE chemistry grade being a 5.
I ended up leaving the college because I was not motivated to study the two other subjects and was confused as to what to do in the future so I went to a private college where I studied for 1-year bio, chem, and math but now that exams are in a few days I'm rethinking my decision and feel very unprepared and want to withdraw from exams instead of giving it a try because I don't want a resit on my record since I want to apply for medicine. and want to take exams next year instead.
I have no help or advice from anyone so what should I do I really need help.
Original post by ashashzen22
In yr12 I studied psych maths and sociology originally I wanted to do bio, chem, and math but had to change because of my GCSE chemistry grade being a 5.
I ended up leaving the college because I was not motivated to study the two other subjects and was confused as to what to do in the future so I went to a private college where I studied for 1-year bio, chem, and math but now that exams are in a few days I'm rethinking my decision and feel very unprepared and want to withdraw from exams instead of giving it a try because I don't want a resit on my record since I want to apply for medicine. and want to take exams next year instead.
I have no help or advice from anyone so what should I do I really need help.

why dont you do that then?
Reply 2
Original post by user8937264980
why dont you do that then?

well I'm not sure if it would work i mean isn't it too late to withdraw from exams
Edexcel:

'You can withdraw entries up to 14 days before results are published. Although you cannot normally withdraw a candidate after they have sat an exam or test, you may be able to do so under exceptional circumstances. Please contact us, providing the reasons for requesting withdrawal with signed candidate consent. These requests will be managed on a case by case basis.'

I assume other exam boards are the same. Call your school on Monday (probably better if you can go in and speak to them in person) and ask them to withdraw you immediately as maths is on Tuesday. If they cant do it that quick then do the exam but get them to withdraw you asap
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 4
It's from 5 years ago but this might help
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5131622

Quick Reply

Latest