The Student Room Group

gap year or uni? help!

im stressing so bad because i was planning on applying to uni this year (im in yr13) but my parents threw a spanner in the works and said that they think i should take a gap year basically because they dont think im going to get the grades. now i dont know what to do?
Reply 1
Original post by oliviawashere
im stressing so bad because i was planning on applying to uni this year (im in yr13) but my parents threw a spanner in the works and said that they think i should take a gap year basically because they dont think im going to get the grades. now i dont know what to do?

Just apply. If you don't get in or don't get the grades, then take a gap year and apply for the next year
As the poster above said, apply this year. What your parents said was a mean thing, I'm terribly sorry :frown: Believe in yourself! You got this :smile:
Reply 3
Good advice :smile:
Original post by lockets
Just apply. If you don't get in or don't get the grades, then take a gap year and apply for the next year
As a mum, I agree - apply and see what offers you get. You might be pleasantly surprised and have something to aim for. I was sceptical about gap years as I thought it might be hard to come back to studying. However, my middle child took a gap year, worked and saved some cash and then did a bit of travelling and it has been the making of her. They are so much more ready for Uni. Apply and see what happens but if you if you do end up on a gap year it isn’t the end of the world. Get that UCAS ready and see what happens - its easier to make a choice with offers sitting and you can then do what is right for you. Good luck with your application and exams and in true Ted Lasso style “Believe”

Quick Reply

Latest