The Student Room Group

Predicted grades

I am now in the second term of Yr13 and have got finalised predicted grades of BBC. I struggled a lot last year and the start of this year because of mental health and relatives health issues but these apparently don’t warrant any change to official grades or offers according to school. I’m aiming to do chemical engineering at a russel group ideally Southampton. I know I can get triple A this year because I had very good GCSE’s 9s and 8s across the board obviously working very hard this year to catch up. I’ve heard of private tutors giving predicteds and some stuff like that but I just want some proper advice. I do not want to sell myself short and I’d prefer not to take a gap year. What do I do because I do not want to spend a significant amount of money on uni to go somewhere that doesn’t inspire me to do well? Thanks for any help in advance
How are you in second term of year 13. Are you an overseas student.

It is a massive ask to go from your predictions to AAA and very unlikely. Just because somebody has good GCSEs doesnt necessarily mean they will get good A level grades. Having 1 to 1 will certainly help but it doesnt automatically mean you will achieve these grades
Original post by swanseajack1
How are you in second term of year 13. Are you an overseas student.

It is a massive ask to go from your predictions to AAA and very unlikely. Just because somebody has good GCSEs doesnt necessarily mean they will get good A level grades. Having 1 to 1 will certainly help but it doesnt automatically mean you will achieve these grades

I’m a home student and I’m doing much better this term as I have proper time and space to focus on my revision. I have two upcoming tests for maths and chemistry that I’m well on my way to ace but I have already asked and even if I do, that will not affect my UCAS grades. The advice I’ve been given is to apply to non russel group and then have a chance of getting in to a russel group through clearing. And if I don’t get any clearing offers, reapplying next year.
I don't think there's any merit in RG vs. non-RG for Chem Engineering. I'd be looking for a placement year and links to industry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending