The Student Room Group

any advice on how to get into gynaecology after natsci degree?

so i have applied for a degree in natural sciences, and im planning to attend the university of bath (i have received an offer), planning to major in pharmacology or biochemistry. i think in the long run, i'd like to get into gynaecology. Obviously that requires a medicine degree, but I didn't apply for that at the time as it was too competitive and I wasn't sure what I wanted to do. Is there any advice on how to progress onto a course for this? it doesn't really matter the time length. thanks
Original post by abi1378
so i have applied for a degree in natural sciences, and im planning to attend the university of bath (i have received an offer), planning to major in pharmacology or biochemistry. i think in the long run, i'd like to get into gynaecology. Obviously that requires a medicine degree, but I didn't apply for that at the time as it was too competitive and I wasn't sure what I wanted to do. Is there any advice on how to progress onto a course for this? it doesn't really matter the time length. thanks

Quickest, cheapest, most direct and least competitive way to do this is to just not go to university come September, just take a gap year and apply to do Medicine. Perfectly normal and reasonable, and much, much better than the alternatives!
Reply 2
If that's definitely what you want to do, then my personal opinion would be that the easiest and quickest route for you to achieve this would be to take a gap year instead of attending university next academic year, and apply for medicine instead.

If you don't want to do that, then you could apply for medical courses towards the end of your Natural Sciences degree or after you've finished it.
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending