The Student Room Group

Uni response time

Hi,

I recently applied to various universities via UCAS. I got an automated email after applying that I would have a decision within two weeks (though that could vary during busy times.) However, it has been 4 weeks now. Should I be worried?

For reference— I’m a prospect international student :smile:
Original post by nicholas6217
Hi,

I recently applied to various universities via UCAS. I got an automated email after applying that I would have a decision within two weeks (though that could vary during busy times.) However, it has been 4 weeks now. Should I be worried?

The automated e-mail came from one specific university, presumably?

The time taken for different unis to make their decisions can vary enormously. It can also vary by course at the same university. Some take days, some take weeks, and some take many months.

There is absolutely no need to worry.
Reply 2
There is no set timetable for this - from any University.

Many Universities have only just started downloading new applications from UCAS.
And for some courses at some Unis, they may wait until January before actually making collective offers.
And some final yes/no decisions will not be made until April.

Stop stressing - you have no control over any of this, so it isnt worth wasting brain-space on.
You have put in your application, Now get on with your A levels.
Original post by nicholas6217
Hi,

Hi @nicholas6217

Some unis reply quickly and some take until the deadline to reply it really depends. If you're concerned about your application you can email the admissions team at the uni with your details but at the moment it is early on in the admissions cycle so I wouldn't worry about not having a response yet.

Hope this helped :smile:

Jess

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending