The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL

Is it possible to complete the whole IAL Syllabus for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics within two months of preparation? Then one month past the paper? I want to complete it in one sitting.
Original post by jub ahmed001
Is it possible to complete the whole IAL Syllabus for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics within two months of preparation? Then one month past the paper? I want to complete it in one sitting.

You're asking whether you can complete what would normally be a two-year course in two months?

As CIE say on their web site, here, "Cambridge International A Level syllabuses are designed on the assumption that students have approximately 360 guided learning hours per subject over the duration of the course (normally two years)."

So you'd be doing 1080 hours of study across two months (360 x 3). Let's assume you're going to study 7 days a week, so we'll call that 60 days across the two months. To achieve 1080 hours of study across 60 days, you'd need to be studying for 18 hours per day. That doesn't sound very realistic to me.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
You're asking whether you can complete what would normally be a two-year course in two months?

As CIE say on their web site, here, "Cambridge International A Level syllabuses are designed on the assumption that students have approximately 360 guided learning hours per subject over the duration of the course (normally two years)."

So you'd be doing 1080 hours of study across two months (360 x 3). Let's assume you're going to study 7 days a week, so we'll call that 60 days across the two months. To achieve 1080 hours of study across 60 days, you'd need to be studying for 18 hours per day. That doesn't sound very realistic to me.

I can't wait to come back and prove you wrong Insha Allah, after I receive my exam results. Watch out, I'm determined to show you what I'm made of!
I can't wait to come back and prove you wrong Insha Allah, after I receive my exam results. Watch out, I'm determined to show you what I'm made of!

What date will your results be available? I'll set a reminder to check-in with you. :wink:

Good luck! :crossedf:
Reply 4
My exams are scheduled for May-June 2024
My exams are scheduled for May-June 2024

Understood. I'll check-in with you via this thread on Thursday 15 August 2024 then.

(By the way, your original question mentioned "two months of preparation". There are more then two months between now and May/June. Or are you not planning to start preparing immediately?)

Quick Reply

Latest