The Student Room Group

Alevel biology aqa practicals

How would i know if required to take Alevel biology practical element of Alevels for Adult Nurse degree as i am a private candidate also done have done Access Science 2021 have practical passes already any advise on whether i require to do it again practicals or not for Adult nurse or is it down to University?I have booked practical course privately as mature learner doing ucas top up form 96>112 points for entry
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by PETER0007
How would i know if required to take Alevel biology practical element of Alevels for Adult Nurse degree as i am a private candidate also done have done Access Science 2021 have practical passes already any advise on whether i require to do it again practicals or not for Adult nurse or is it down to University?I have booked practical course privately as mature learner doing ucas top up form 96>112 points for entry

It should explicitly say in the entry requirements section of the degree course page. Failing that, you could always ask the department of the particular uni that you're enquiring about.

Side notes:

As far as I know, science practicals are not important if the subject isn't a required subject for the degree course e.g. I don't see the point in passing your science practicals if you're going to do a degree in say business.

Nursing degrees tend not to have required subjects, so you could easily done a random Access course or random A Levels and still meet their subject requirements. It's usually the other things that would trip you up.

I have never seen a nursing degree course stating that you would need to have passed your science practicals in order to do the course

If you have done an Access course, there's little sense in doing A Level practicals unless the uni rejects your Access course (which I have never come across one that did)

If you have passed the practicals before, you should be able to transfer the results over to your resits and just resit the exams. However, you would need to check with your exam boards for your A Levels for that.

There's so many questions I could ask about this.
Reply 2
Hello i have asked the university on question thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending