The Student Room Group

Handsome but Shy

What is it like being a handsome but very shy guy?
I think I am handsome but at the same time a shy person also.
I have no problem to talk to strangers but in front of any girl I become shy or may be she became nervous and that's why I become also nervous and shy .
I got usually many attention from strangers all day long... But don't know how to remove this social anxiety.
Reply 1
Dunno mate. Women are people too, like boys y'know. Just ask about their interests. Everyone likes that! Go on my son!
Original post by Anonymous #1
What is it like being a handsome but very shy guy?
I think I am handsome but at the same time a shy person also.
I have no problem to talk to strangers but in front of any girl I become shy or may be she became nervous and that's why I become also nervous and shy .
I got usually many attention from strangers all day long... But don't know how to remove this social anxiety.

I'd suggest you research something called Cognitive Behavioural Therapy or CBT. This is a proven strategy for overcoming any kind of phobia (in this context, shyness or social anxiety can be considered a "phobia"). It involves taking baby-steps out of your comfort zone, and "upping the ante" and by the end you're doing things you never thought possible.

If applied correctly, it does work... but finding the right starting point is critical. It should feel somewhat daunting, but not overwhelming. You repeatedly do an exercise and then you raise the bar when it starts to become comfortable. For example, a starting point might just be to say "Hi" to someone without pushing for a further conversation... later on, you move to having a very quick conversation for about 20-30 seconds before making your excuses etc.

So you say you have no problem talking to strangers, maybe it would help you if you let go of the whole pulling /seduction malarkey in the first instance, and approach her with the mindset "She looks like an interesting person, let's find out her story". and save any flirting until it's obvious she's into you. If you did that, you may find that you come across better anyway, i.e. the more natural, real "you"... rather than some horny lad trying to get his end away.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending