The Student Room Group

How dark is dark?

Like when girls say they like a 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' do they mean guys with mid brown hair, dark brown hair or black hair?

Is it usually just say black hair or is it brown hair also?
Reply 1
Anyone? Just wondering where I am on this one.
Original post by Anonymous
Like when girls say they like a 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' do they mean guys with mid brown hair, dark brown hair or black hair?

Is it usually just say black hair or is it brown hair also?

In my opinion, anyway, tall, dark and handsome refers more to the energy someone gives off than their actual appearance. Obviously, tall + handsome refer to a physical appearance, however, at least in my own head, dark refers more to a ‘’dominant masculine’’ energy someone gives off.

Could be wrong, maybe I’m reading too deep, haha.
Original post by Anonymous
Anyone? Just wondering where I am on this one.

Brown hair can be dark, if it is not light. The shade matters for me, not the colour per se.
Reply 4
Anything from Pantone 731 to 808...
Reply 5
Thanks for your answers, interesting to know that I may qualify for dark, my hair is mid-brown or possibly mid to dark brown. I don't think it's as dark brown as some unless I don't wash it lol. So always kind of wondered what was meant by the dark bit.

Never really sure if black totally qualified for dark or just dark brown hair as black hair is kind of a colour distinctive if dark brown hair. That or if it was the other way around and black hair was the ideal of such a statement, kind of the quintessential dark if you like.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending