The Student Room Group

Personal statement similarity

So i’ve just submitted my uni application and my personal statement had like 3 or 4 sentences that are quite similar to online personal statements (not intentional) it’s not completely the same but it’s the same idea with similar words. I don’t want it to look like plagiarism because it wasn’t intentional at all. I don’t want to be flagged for plagiarism at all
UCAS's plagiarism checker has a sensibly high % match allowed before it is reported to your uni choices to review.

Lots of people use similar turns of phrase, ("For as long as I can remember", "my interest in X began when..."), so there's really no need to be concerned if it's all your own work.
Original post by charlesmcqueen12
So i’ve just submitted my uni application and my personal statement had like 3 or 4 sentences that are quite similar to online personal statements (not intentional) it’s not completely the same but it’s the same idea with similar words. I don’t want it to look like plagiarism because it wasn’t intentional at all. I don’t want to be flagged for plagiarism at all

any update on this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending