The Student Room Group

Loneliness/friendships

I feel like I have no real/genuine friends. I mean I have these two girls I hang around with at school but I feel like it’s surface level friendships and I just know it won’t last. There’s moments we’re I feel so drained in the friendship because one of my friend can be so rude sometimes. I don’t know if she notices it but sometimes her words affect me. Like I remember one time she called me so boring bc I wouldn’t go out after school because my mum is really strict. Another time in year 12 she would call me and my other friend a “beg” if we would speak to someone she didn’t like. And recently in YEAR 13 she got angry at me and my friend bec after assembly we found out me and my friend have cover ((we both do sociology and she does geography) so we left assembly to find seats in the library as that’s were our cover was. She got so angry and dk why.

Like there are moments I enjoy being friends with her and then I feel bad for thinking of cutting her off but then she can just be really rude. Idk . I just feel like I don’t have true,genuine friendships. I hope at uni I make friends that are genuine and nice to me

Should I cut her off?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
I feel like I have no real/genuine friends. I mean I have these two girls I hang around with at school but I feel like it’s surface level friendships and I just know it won’t last. There’s moments we’re I feel so drained in the friendship because one of my friend can be so rude sometimes. I don’t know if she notices it but sometimes her words affect me. Like I remember one time she called me so boring bc I wouldn’t go out after school because my mum is really strict. Another time in year 12 she would call me and my other friend a “beg” if we would speak to someone she didn’t like. And recently in YEAR 13 she got angry at me and my friend bec after assembly we found out me and my friend have cover ((we both do sociology and she does geography) so we left assembly to find seats in the library as that’s were our cover was. She got so angry and dk why.

Like there are moments I enjoy being friends with her and then I feel bad for thinking of cutting her off but then she can just be really rude. Idk . I just feel like I don’t have true,genuine friendships. I hope at uni I make friends that are genuine and nice to me

Should I cut her off?

I feel ya. Try to keep on being nice to her and try to spend more time with your other friend. One good friend is better than a thousand mediocre ones. Don't cut off immediately as , like you said, Uni is soon and maybe you shouldn't risk the disruption right now. Don't worry anyway!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending