The Student Room Group

Best Animation degrees/cities for studying?

I'm a college student struggling to choose an uni for studying. For context, I'm ukrainian, 18, and live in uk for almost two years now, and I'm planning to go to uni here, while having pretty limited knowledge of best criterias for choosing one.

I'm going for 2D animation degree, and as far as I know a lot of art universities have a good program, famous ones being bournemouth/ual/royal academy.
I know that some of students from my course are choosing an uni by the place in ratings/relatives living in the cities they are going to/friends recs etc. I personally feel unsure because I don't have lots of people who may share their personal experince with me, only what I deduce from how uni presents itself/what people are saying online.

I know the city is an important criteria here, but once again, there isn't much going on in terms of personal experience. I'm hearing contradictory statements in terms of cost of living, opportunities, quality of life, being fit for a student in general. My top picks are currently Bristol/Manchester/Edinburg/Cardiff, perhaps Bournemouth/London (though I'm not sure about living in a city with 7 mill people without a car😣) though I'm hearing that all the options are quite expensive if I choose to stay in there after graduation. (My family is currently living in the UK for an unspecified period of time but they won't be living with me when I go to study/after graduation as well and they don't have much money)

So, what in your experience matters most when choosing a uni for studying? Is top 10 actually worth it? What I should look out for when choosing a place to study, uni firts or city first? What to look out for in those, anyway? Can you share your experience if you're living in any city mentioned before? Or maybe you are an animation student or an abroad student, it would be very valuable to hear your input!

Quick Reply

Latest