The Student Room Group

Ford IT Degree Apprenticeship 2024

Haven't seen any posts for Fords IT degree apprenticeship for 2024. I've applied and submitted the video interview. Looking forward to seeing how everyone else's applications go 😊

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Jo.nathan3.0
Haven't seen any posts for Fords IT degree apprenticeship for 2024. I've applied and submitted the video interview. Looking forward to seeing how everyone else's applications go 😊
How did you find it, any tips for the video interview please ?
Original post by Cee10_
How did you find it, any tips for the video interview please ?

Video interview was definitely longer than all the other ones I've done for a company but it was alright. You have the normal 2 minutes to record alongside 60 seconds of prep time. Overall took around half an hour to do.

There's 6 questions to answer all together and they all relate to Ford's values, so I recommend searching those up and reading them to know how you can answer the questions to fit against them.

Also, you can go through all the questions so you can read them all before needing to start the actual 60 seconds prep.
Video interview was definitely longer than all the other ones I've done for a company but it was alright. You have the normal 2 minutes to record alongside 60 seconds of prep time. Overall took around half an hour to do.
There's 6 questions to answer all together and they all relate to Ford's values, so I recommend searching those up and reading them to know how you can answer the questions to fit against them.
Also, you can go through all the questions so you can read them all before needing to start the actual 60 seconds prep.

Actually, it was 3 minutes all together to answer in, along with 60 seconds of prep time.
Reply 4

Thank you so much ! Where they motivational type of questions, competency or strength based
Original post by Cee10_
Thank you so much ! Where they motivational type of questions, competency or strength based

A bit of a mix to be honest. 2 of the questions were about strengths and weaknesses. Another about teamwork and another about not getting along well with someone. The other 2 are gonna have to be a suprise :smile:

But they were all pretty nice. I didn't have an issue with any apart from the last one. Main thing to take away is have a look at the Ford values.
Reply 6
A bit of a mix to be honest. 2 of the questions were about strengths and weaknesses. Another about teamwork and another about not getting along well with someone. The other 2 are gonna have to be a suprise :smile:

But they were all pretty nice. I didn't have an issue with any apart from the last one. Main thing to take away is have a look at the Ford values.
Thank youu !
Reply 7

Alsoo uno with the initial application, when they asked for a personal summary, how did you lay yours out ? Would you liken it to a CV personal summary in terms of the content (not the volume)
Original post by Cee10_
Alsoo uno with the initial application, when they asked for a personal summary, how did you lay yours out ? Would you liken it to a CV personal summary in terms of the content (not the volume)

Can't remember to be fair. I don't think there was a proper personal summary? If there was, yeah I think I did it like that. I know I used my personal statement that I made for Uni to answer some of the questions for things like relevant experience, and then for grades I did use from my CV.
What did you wear for the video interview? Suit and tie or more casual?
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by andynull123
What did you wear for the video interview? Suit and tie or more casual?

I went for my usual smart casual look, so a collared t shirt and then a sweater on top. I hope that was good enough haha.
How long after your initial application did you get a video interview email? Because I’ve applied 2 weeks ago and haven’t gotten any response.
Original post by Amiin123£
How long after your initial application did you get a video interview email? Because I’ve applied 2 weeks ago and haven’t gotten any response.

2 days afterwards. I applied right when it opened however so there's a possibility that someone was looking then and maybe not as much now. I would check spam just in case they did email and also check the application page if you're worried. The invite to the interview was from randstad rather than Ford directly.
2 days afterwards. I applied right when it opened however so there's a possibility that someone was looking then and maybe not as much now. I would check spam just in case they did email and also check the application page if you're worried. The invite to the interview was from randstad rather than Ford directly.
Thank you, yeah maybe I applied abit late. I’ll probably email them next week for a follow up.
Thank you, yeah maybe I applied abit late. I’ll probably email them next week for a follow up.
yeah i got a response this morning, i applied around 2 weeks ago now on the video assessment centre
Original post by ahamdkan1567
yeah i got a response this morning, i applied around 2 weeks ago now on the video assessment centre
Ah alright. Hopefully I get a response soon then. Bit odd tho how there responding on the weekends.
Ah alright. Hopefully I get a response soon then. Bit odd tho how there responding on the weekends.
thats what i thought lol, anyway good to know i got 4 days to do the video test.
When did you apply to ford? I applied on the 29/02/2024 and have yet to receive an invitation for a video interview. Good luck on your application btw
Reply 18
Just wondering other than fords values, was there any company specific questions. I haven't really researched Ford as a company yet.
Original post by Irf44n
Just wondering other than fords values, was there any company specific questions. I haven't really researched Ford as a company yet.

Nope

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending