The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Email from OU asking for passport/residence/immigration status

Hello,
I have recently received an email from an address that claims to be OU student finances and they want to assess if i am paying the right fees to them and they need my passport, residence info and immigration status.
I have asked OU if they sent such an email to me on friday but no answer since. I am a bit confused as i provided all that info with student finance already and i just want to confirm if this is a legit email or a scam attempt.
Also OU if you see this please add a notification onto our OU accounts whenever you send an email to us so it's easier to distinct legit email from scam attempts.
Original post by Anonymous
Hello,
I have recently received an email from an address that claims to be OU student finances and they want to assess if i am paying the right fees to them and they need my passport, residence info and immigration status.
I have asked OU if they sent such an email to me on friday but no answer since. I am a bit confused as i provided all that info with student finance already and i just want to confirm if this is a legit email or a scam attempt.
Also OU if you see this please add a notification onto our OU accounts whenever you send an email to us so it's easier to distinct legit email from scam attempts.

There is a way to find out whether that was a legitimate or fake email by logging into student home
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
OU can still require this info from you. SFE may not disclose all of the information, hence why they may be attempting to contact you. If in doubt, give them a call.

Quick Reply

Latest