The Student Room Group

Missing BTEC Exams

So, I bought a trip to another country on these next Winter holidays some time ago and my return date to the UK is on the 9th of January, however, I just got the January exam dates and it says that I’ve got 2 exams on the 10th which I most provably wouldn’t be able to sit it due to the fact that i’m going to be arriving in the country by the time to sit them. I’m freaking out right now because I know that it wasn’t ideal for me to buy the trip at that time however I was going to take everything to do with revision with me so I could be prepared for the January exams when I came back as I didn’t know the date of them. The price of the ticket is very expensive and I can’t change the return date.
Does anyone have any tips on what to do? 😓
Original post by brighte
So, I bought a trip to another country on these next Winter holidays some time ago and my return date to the UK is on the 9th of January, however, I just got the January exam dates and it says that I’ve got 2 exams on the 10th which I most provably wouldn’t be able to sit it due to the fact that i’m going to be arriving in the country by the time to sit them. I’m freaking out right now because I know that it wasn’t ideal for me to buy the trip at that time however I was going to take everything to do with revision with me so I could be prepared for the January exams when I came back as I didn’t know the date of them. The price of the ticket is very expensive and I can’t change the return date.
Does anyone have any tips on what to do? 😓

All you can do is inform your tutor and they will have to get your Exams officer to mark you as absent for the exams. You will then need to resit in May / June. The exam dates have been available to teachers since the start of term so I'm surprised they never informed you of the exam dates before now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending