The Student Room Group

Dyson Institute 2024 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

How long did you guys spend doing the behavioural interview?
Original post by Hani Chohan

I was done in 15 minutes, but I think in my grp most ppl took around half an hr
How do you guys felt you did? I’m a bit worried as I’m not sure whether it well went or bad lol
Original post by studyschool123
How do you guys felt you did? I’m a bit worried as I’m not sure whether it well went or bad lol

I thought mine went well although i took a while on the physics brain teaser because it didn’t click quickly but I don’t know if that’s what they were looking for or not it’s hard to say! From everyone when interviews with on the day they found the interviews fine so it’s hard to judge how it went comparatively.

I took up the whole 45 minutes because I asked for a moment to think before answering each question and also tried to extend my responses as much as possible. Idk if I overdid it but I tried to make use of the time as much as possible
Reply 205

Mine was about 35 mins I think
Original post by matthewiam
I thought mine went well although i took a while on the physics brain teaser because it didn’t click quickly but I don’t know if that’s what they were looking for or not it’s hard to say! From everyone when interviews with on the day they found the interviews fine so it’s hard to judge how it went comparatively.

i had to have the brain teaser explained to me several times and it being a 'teaser' i think it was something to confuse you and make you really think and most people on my day said it was confusing so think we were all in the same boat with that (pun intended)
Original post by bluegray
i had to have the brain teaser explained to me several times and it being a 'teaser' i think it was something to confuse you and make you really think and most people on my day said it was confusing so think we were all in the same boat with that (pun intended)

Hahahaahha good one, I'm just hoping because it took us time to work through it that could work to our advantage as it shows problem solving integrity etc because some people I interviewed with just knew it straight away
Original post by matthewiam
Hahahaahha good one, I'm just hoping because it took us time to work through it that could work to our advantage as it shows problem solving integrity etc because some people I interviewed with just knew it straight away

Yeah defo I think the whole point of it was to see how people think and different approaches
Original post by orthopedic-rabbi
Yeah defo I think the whole point of it was to see how people think and different approaches

Yeah definitely! It feels like such a long wait though hahaha
Were there many girls on your days? There were only 2 others when I went, so was wondering what the ratio might be.
Original post by Boo and roo
Were there many girls on your days? There were only 2 others when I went, so was wondering what the ratio might be.

3 on mine :smile:
Reply 212

4 on mine

3 out of like 11/12 people total i think
Thanks, looking like 25%
Thanks, looking like 25%

I asked the undergrads about that, most years have around 35 40 percent so not too bad, but our year could just have less girls that reached the final stage

We had no girls on our day

There were 5 of us on my day 🙂
Reply 218
Has anyone received anything from them since interview?
Original post by joki90
Has anyone received anything from them since interview?

Nope, have you?

Quick Reply

Latest