The Student Room Group

Wont allow me to select a year

I have been having issues applying for student finance as every time I attempt to select a year, it says, 'The year you have selected is not available. Please confirm your course details with your university or college.'. In bold red letters. I'm unsure of how to go about this and was wondering if anybody else has had any similar issues and would be able to help.

Thank you!
Original post by lcook30
I have been having issues applying for student finance as every time I attempt to select a year, it says, 'The year you have selected is not available. Please confirm your course details with your university or college.'. In bold red letters. I'm unsure of how to go about this and was wondering if anybody else has had any similar issues and would be able to help.
Thank you!

Hi there, are you repeating a year of study and is this your final year? Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there, are you repeating a year of study and is this your final year? Thanks, Jason

This is my first year of study, however at the beginning of the year I applied for a 2023 student loan by accident as I misread it as 2024. withdrew this application once I realised.
Original post by lcook30
This is my first year of study, however at the beginning of the year I applied for a 2023 student loan by accident as I misread it as 2024. withdrew this application once I realised.

Thanks. Did you cancel this and when was it you cancelled? The system may need 48 hours before allowing you to proceed. If it's been passed this time we can check it's been cancelled by calling us on 0300 100 0607 or using the live chat in your account. We'll then be able to assist you in applying again. Also please ensure you're selecting 'start a new application' from the homepage and not 'reapply for student finance'. Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
I believe I cancelled it a few months ago once I realised my mistake. It doesn't give me the option to start a new application only to reapply, and it will only allow me to select third year when I do get onto the application. Thank you!
Hi there,

The course your want to apply for in the 2024/25 academic year is it a full time or part time undergraduate course? When you log into your online account does it state that the application was cancelled for the 2023/24 academic year?

Thanks, Drew
Reply 6
Original post by Drew SLC
Hi there,
The course your want to apply for in the 2024/25 academic year is it a full time or part time undergraduate course? When you log into your online account does it state that the application was cancelled for the 2023/24 academic year?
Thanks, Drew

Yes, I want to apply for 2024/25. When I log in to student finance it shows me that the application I cancelled was for 2023/24.
Hi there,

The course your want to apply for in the 2024/25 academic year is it a full time or part time undergraduate course?

Thanks, Drew
Reply 8
Original post by Drew SLC
Hi there,
The course your want to apply for in the 2024/25 academic year is it a full time or part time undergraduate course?
Thanks, Drew

It’s full time.
Thank you
Thank you. Can you please confirm the name of the institution, full course name and the start date? Thanks, David
Reply 10
Sheffield Hallam University, Business management and marketing with foundation year. The start date is the 1st of September 2024.
Hi lcook30,

This course is listed on our database but your university have said they they have closed applications for every academic year except 3rd year. What I would advise going forward is to speak to Sheffield Hallam and ask them to make the 1st year of the course available for applicants, after this you should be able to apply with us.

Thanks,
Calum

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending