The Student Room Group

Dyson Institute 2024 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by HyperMonkey619
I didn't either, also had a practical at the time anyway ☹️ It should be about electrical engineering I believe? Hopefully the recording goes out soon

the one about electrical engineering was for engineering club
Reply 21
I emailed dyson last night and got a reply this morning, the webinar for the online assessment is at 5pm this Wednesday (7th)
Original post by bluegray
the one about electrical engineering was for engineering club

My bad I didn't know there was a webinar for the online assessment. Didn't get any emails.

Also for anyone preparing, I've looked on YouTube for hirevue game assessment and interview questions to practice my response, which im sure some of them would show up for us. I also found some more info on graduatesfirst.com, but for the technical assessment I can't really find anything for the dyson ones.

On the website tho, it says A level maths material on questions related to problems at dyson. They mentioned on the webinar (11th Jan) that the material wouldn't be much of the year 13 material, because they know most are still in y13.
(student room has a message restriction, i cant message anyone yet ahhh)
Reply 23
My bad I didn't know there was a webinar for the online assessment. Didn't get any emails.

Also for anyone preparing, I've looked on YouTube for hirevue game assessment and interview questions to practice my response, which im sure some of them would show up for us. I also found some more info on graduatesfirst.com, but for the technical assessment I can't really find anything for the dyson ones.

On the website tho, it says A level maths material on questions related to problems at dyson. They mentioned on the webinar (11th Jan) that the material wouldn't be much of the year 13 material, because they know most are still in y13.

Quite glad I'm in the middle of mocks at the moment so my maths should be all fresh.
Reply 24

What questions have you practiced?
Original post by isilou123
What questions have you practiced?

I found this vid on YouTube and tried to think how I would respond to the questions. This live demo is really helpful on how things will actually look. There are more videos if you search hirevue interview questions to potentially find more. Here's the maths operations and number and shapes memory I found for the game assessments.

Also taking a look at the non academic requirements Dyson requirements, we could talk about problem solving, collaborative experience, work readiness, demonstrating willingness and ability to study for the degree while contributing to the company, etc...
(I have no clue what will show up, but this is what I'm doing to prepare as much as I can)

I also emailed dyson and got a link to the webinar on Wed. Hopefully there's some new info that can help us out. If anyone has any tips or resources, please feel free to share it too!
Reply 26

i went to the webinar and they didnt say much about the technical assesment other than it being maths and multiple choice and i think the questions for it are timed and to bring a calculator
has anyone heard anything back yet?

Yeah i have got the online assessment to complete
Reply 28
how is everyone preparing for the interview questions?
Reply 29
anyone got any last minute advice for the assessments? thinking of doing mine this afternoon
Reply 30
anyone got any last minute advice for the assessments? thinking of doing mine this afternoon

I haven’t done it yet but I would say just breathe, and make sure to make use of the interview prep time! Let us know :smile:)

Hi, i am really worried about it too…will you please tell me the video interview questions cuz i am planning to do it as well this weekend. Best of luck to you!!
Reply 32
Good luck everyone
Good luck everyone

Any tips on what questions they ask?
Reply 34
Original post by menacing-hulk

Haven’t done it yet :smile:
Haven’t done it yet :smile:

When are you planning to do it?
Original post by menacing-hulk

Focus on general interview questions. Think about why you're a good fit for the role. you can't really be given "tips" on what questions are to come. everyones in the same boat here. just do it blind like everyone else
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by poornimash
Hi, i am really worried about it too…will you please tell me the video interview questions cuz i am planning to do it as well this weekend. Best of luck to you!!

just do it yourself. it's not that hard or the end of the world. you don't need to know the questions beforehand. you get prep time and you knowing the questions before isn't fair on everyone else and defeats the point of the prep time.
Reply 38
Original post by poornimash
When are you planning to do it?

Probably tomorrow or Saturday
I haven’t done it yet but I would say just breathe, and make sure to make use of the interview prep time! Let us know :smile:)

I did mine. it was fine. I'd say the technical assessment was the most challenging section.

they give insights around 30m after the assessment, which was really useful as you can see what information the admissions team will be given about you and can therefore estimate how likely you are to make it to the next round.

Quick Reply

Latest