The Student Room Group

Dyson Institute 2024 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by isilou123
Probably tomorrow or Saturday

hey. i saw your dm but cant message here but you can add me on instagram @iyobosq and i'll tell you what I can to help!!
Reply 41
Original post by iyobosaowen
hey. i saw your dm but cant message here but you can add me on instagram @iyobosq and i'll tell you what I can to help!!

Requested! Different name to on here!
Reply 42
Original post by iyobosaowen
I did mine. it was fine. I'd say the technical assessment was the most challenging section.

they give insights around 30m after the assessment, which was really useful as you can see what information the admissions team will be given about you and can therefore estimate how likely you are to make it to the next round.

For the recorded interview Is it audio only or do you need video as well
Original post by bongo5
For the recorded interview Is it audio only or do you need video as well

I did it earlier this week, It's audio only I think
Reply 44
How's everyone feeling about how it went? Hope everyone's happy with how they did! I'm happy with the games and interview but didn't finish a question in the maths and had to guess one. Other than that happy! Hope everyone else is too.
I think I did terribly on the interview questions, it was too awkward. The rest was alright tho, so hopefully something overall was fine. I should've done a mock interview to record myself and practice answers without stuttering. I literally stopped talking for a few seconds from the stress and couldn't repeat that one cuz it was a repeat...
Reply 46
Original post by HyperMonkey619
I think I did terribly on the interview questions, it was too awkward. The rest was alright tho, so hopefully something overall was fine. I should've done a mock interview to record myself and practice answers without stuttering. I literally stopped talking for a few seconds from the stress and couldn't repeat that one cuz it was a repeat...

I'm sure they'll understand that people might have been nervous or it might have been their first online interview. Or that it might be their first ever interview. Were you happy with your insights because they were based on the games and what you said in the interview?
Reply 47

I did the completely same thing, I paused loads during mine so you werent the only one at least. I know one of mine just has like a 10 second gap of me just sighing because I forgot what the point I was trying to make was. but yea i bet most people struggled with the interview bit so your not the only one in the boat
Reply 48
also found the technical assessment pretty difficult bc it didnt seem like any maths id learnt at all and i think i was just exhausted from the interview at that point but i liked the games turns out im pretty good at remembering patterns backwards lol
Original post by bluegray
also found the technical assessment pretty difficult bc it didnt seem like any maths id learnt at all and i think i was just exhausted from the interview at that point but i liked the games turns out im pretty good at remembering patterns backwards lol
Same I did not expect the technical assessment to be like that, thought it would be a bit less wordy, don’t think I did to well lol but was still worth giving a go
I'm glad I wasn't the only one and I hope they understand how nervous and stressed most of us would be. The games I think were the only thing I felt like I did very well, the technical assessment was crazy ngl. I was able to answer some questions, but overall, it was quite challenging. I'm not sure how they classified it as maths, but I'm not familiar with those style questions.

Definitely drained after finishing the process. I'm also a bit sick still, so I've got a bad headache too :frown:
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 51
the first one that was two slides long with only 3 minutes on the timer took me ages to just work out what it was asking
Reply 52
I'm glad I wasn't the only one and I hope they understand how nervous and stressed most of us would be. The games I think were the only thing I felt like I did very well, the technical assessment was crazy ngl. I was able to answer some questions, but overall, it was quite challenging. I'm not sure how they classified it as maths, but I'm not familiar with those style questions.

Definitely drained after finishing the process. I'm also a bit sick still, so I've got a bad headache too :frown:

hope you feel better soon and that it didnt effect your thing too much :smile:
Original post by bluegray
hope you feel better soon and that it didnt effect your thing too much :smile:

Also same on the first question, don't know what was happening to my brain xd. And thank you! Hope we make it to the next stage!
Reply 54

Agreed, I didn’t even realise the time had gone for the first one. The first like 3 questions were hard then the rest were just A level and GCSE physics so don’t know how it classed as a level maths
Does anyone know when we’re meant to hear whether we got through to the next round?
Reply 56
Original post by Studier1752
Does anyone know when we’re meant to hear whether we got through to the next round?

It said 'will be in touch shortly' on the email you got when you finished it and they close tonight at midnight so hopefully later this week? 🤷🏼*♂️
Reply 57
Omd what was that maths section
Original post by aaaburn

lmao dw lots of people found it quite hard
Original post by aaaburn

why’d you leave it so late?

Quick Reply

Latest