The Student Room Group

How to revise for math ?

I do my homework on sparx (Terrible awful app that "improves" your math skills) i listen in class and do most of the work but i still get low marks ? What am i doing wrong ???????????????????????? Im in set 3 year 9 and i was doing good but suddenly now i get low marks
what can i do to imrpve my marks ?

another thing is that im so bad at math that the teacher doesnt pick me when answering questions and just ignorres and oicks another perosn that he thinks will give the right answer. I just think that is so unfair becuase participating in class will help me learn and imrpove but the teacher is just not cooperating !
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by QueenOfTrees
I do my homework on sparx (Terrible awful app that "improves" your math skills) i listen in class and do most of the work but i still get low marks ? What am i doing wrong ???????????????????????? Im in set 3 year 9 and i was doing good but suddenly now i get low marks

another thing is that im so bad at math that the teacher doesnt pick me when answering questions and just ignorres and oicks another perosn that he thinks will give the right answer. I just think that is so unfair becuase participating in class will help me learn and imrpove but the teacher is just not cooperating !

Have you done any past papers? What were your mistakes and do you remember how you made them? Without knowing this, it's kind of difficult to advise on what you should do next.

Maths involves a lot of practice. It's not one of those subjects where you can listen once and then expect to immediately get it. You need to apply the knowledge in various scenarios in order to "get it".
All mathematicians go through this.
Reply 2
Original post by QueenOfTrees

If you listen in class and do the work then the problem clearly isn't with your lack of effort. You may be listening in class, but maybe you don't remember what you've learnt? If this is the case you should go over what you have learnt each day in maths, making additional notes if necessary and flashcards if it really bothers you. Are you making stupid mistakes or do you simply just not understand the questions?

Quick Reply

Latest