The Student Room Group

Homeschooling and Reference for mature student

Hi there, I’m currently filling out my application form on UCAS and am not sure what to put as my education for my A Levels from the dropdown as I studied them independently at home.As in, I don’t have a school/academic institution to list. Does anyone know what would be appropriate to put?
Additionally, I was wondering whether or not it would be suitable for me to use my current manager as a reference? For some context, I am a mature student (21 years old) and have been out of education for a few years. I am applying for English and Creative Writing and have worked as a Bookseller for two years (a slightly relevant field , hence my choice to reference my manager)

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated! First gen uni student here so it’s all a little unfamiliar! :smile:
You should list the exam centre where you will be entered for the exams with part time attendance for the duration of the exams-results.

You can use your manager as a reference but be aware that some universities might want an academic reference.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
You should list the exam centre where you will be entered for the exams with part time attendance for the duration of the exams-results.

You can use your manager as a reference but be aware that some universities might want an academic reference.

Ahhh okay thank you! I already wrote them a few years ago in Zimbabwe (where I’m from)
Private candidates registered with The British Council. So do you reckon I should just put ‘The British Council’ on the form?
Original post by Littlemoon24
Ahhh okay thank you! I already wrote them a few years ago in Zimbabwe (where I’m from)
Private candidates registered with The British Council. So do you reckon I should just put ‘The British Council’ on the form?

If that was where you sat the exams yes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending