The Student Room Group

3 B's in a lvl

any "good" uni in uk accepts 3B's?
Depends what you class as good, what subject you intend studying and what subjects the Bs are in. You are unlikely to get into top universities but will get offers for some top 50 universities with those grades.
Reply 2
Original post by swanseajack1
Depends what you class as good, what subject you intend studying and what subjects the Bs are in. You are unlikely to get into top universities but will get offers for some top 50 universities with those grades.

which top 50's. I have math physics and chem. I will do humanities degree if they take 3B's
Original post by srellasrella
which top 50's. I have math physics and chem. I will do humanities degree if they take 3B's

what sort of humanities degree?
It's a bit of a leap from maths/physics/chem to humanities - don't you want to continue studying STEM subjects at university?
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
what sort of humanities degree?
It's a bit of a leap from maths/physics/chem to humanities - don't you want to continue studying STEM subjects at university?

well after getting 3B's even after working my ass off i dont think STEM is for me. And I hope good unis take 3B's for any humanities subject. Getting a STEM subject is gonna be tougher
well after getting 3B's even after working my ass off i dont think STEM is for me. And I hope good unis take 3B's for any humanities subject. Getting a STEM subject is gonna be tougher

Humanities courses take a LOT of self motivation and self study - you're going to need more OOMPH to your interest than "any humanities subject". Especially with STEM A levels your PS is going to need to be a real love letter to your chosen degree subject so leaving it woolly isn't going to cut it.

What humanities subjects do you find interesting? Did you enjoy any in particular at GCSE or maybe like watching documentaries/podcasts about a specific topic?
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
Humanities courses take a LOT of self motivation and self study - you're going to need more OOMPH to your interest than "any humanities subject". Especially with STEM A levels your PS is going to need to be a real love letter to your chosen degree subject so leaving it woolly isn't going to cut it.

What humanities subjects do you find interesting? Did you enjoy any in particular at GCSE or maybe like watching documentaries/podcasts about a specific topic?

cognitive science
Reply 7
Original post by PQ

I honestly dont want to continue study anymore. B isnt a good grade and if i want to study stem i have to study in an average uni. Sucks that even after trying so hard i cant achieve A in even pure maths which is considered one of the easiest. So i will be happy with whatever degree i can get now. as long as its a good uni
Reply 8
Are you contextual? Depends what you wanna do ofc but worth looking into whether you qualify for some russell group uni's contextual offers. Newcastle's one is good, I'm contextual and through their PARTNERS program (which you can still apply for now if you're eligible AFAIK) I got an offer of BBC for Computer Science down from AAB as the standard offer
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 9
cognitive science

The clue is in the name - its a science, not a humanities subject.
You clearly need to do a great deal more research - and thinking - about what you actually want to study, and why.
Reply 10
Original post by McGinger
The clue is in the name - its a science, not a humanities subject.
You clearly need to do a great deal more research - and thinking - about what you actually want to study, and why.

for your information it is also part of humanities. https://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/undergraduate/degrees/index.php?action=view&code=60

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending