The Student Room Group

Worried about studying physics and university

I did a year studying music last year and realised it wasn't for me. Having stepped back I found a real interest in physics, specifically astrophysics. I never did physics or maths at A Level but found some foundation courses that I can apply to.

I always find interest in listening to podcasts and watching videos about it, and I've bought many books that I've been reading.

I visited some open days, and while feeling a little out of my depth I felt good about it.

Recently however, I've been having lots of doubts. I'm not sure if it's because it's hit that I've applied and that's what I'm going to do. I've also been feeling very meaningless compared to everything I've been learning about that's out there. I was so sure of it all, but now it's causing me to have anxiety.

I don't know if it's because of the course, or it's new and different, hard etc. Part of me feels that if I just face is head on and do it then I'll feel better, because I'll be able to put reason behind what I'm worried about.

I've contemplated just changing to something else but I have moments where that interest grips me again.

I don't know what to do, the liklihood is I'll stick with it but I'm scared it will make me feel worse as I'll feel even more out of depth and not good enough

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending