The Student Room Group

Results for GCSE

I want to study physics at university at a Russel group university. These are my results:
- Biology 7
- Business 5
Chemistry 7
- English literature 7
- English language 8
- History 7
Physics 8
- Maths 8
- French 6

I think most of my results are good, but I am worried about my 5 in business. It is also really annoying as i was predicted an 8. Should I worry a lot?
business is completely unrelated to physics so i don't think it's a big deal.
Original post by Kingdragon
I want to study physics at university at a Russel group university. These are my results:
- Biology 7
- Business 5
Chemistry 7
- English literature 7
- English language 8
- History 7
Physics 8
- Maths 8
- French 6

I think most of my results are good, but I am worried about my 5 in business. It is also really annoying as i was predicted an 8. Should I worry a lot?

I saw your question, I knew to google ‘are my gcse good enough thread student room’
Here: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjY-eqy8PqAAxXkgP0HHeJRBa4QFnoECA8QAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thestudentroom.co.uk%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D6033950&usg=AOvVaw2CykJ9l-8FnPQLEDIESqzE&opi=89978449

The answer lies there
(edited 8 months ago)
- Biology 7
- Business 5
Chemistry 7
- English literature 7
- English language 8
- History 7
Physics 8
- Maths 8
- French 6

Very few universities consider GCSEs in this country. You can definitely study physics at a good university with those.
I got about the same GCSE grades as you when I did mine and I’m attending a Russell Group Uni this September. It depends which university you plan to go to because they may have GCSE requirements in certain subjects but there rarely is. Don’t let your business grade discourage you.
- Biology 7
- Business 5
Chemistry 7
- English literature 7
- English language 8
- History 7
Physics 8
- Maths 8
- French 6

As above, business isn’t relevant to physics.

You did really well in maths and physics, which are arguably by far the most important two GCSE’s for you and have a very good selection of grades in your other subjects too, of course.

However, what you now need to do is focus on your A levels and supercurriculars as they will matter far more to a university application than your GCSE’s.

Quick Reply

Latest