The Student Room Group

A-Level Resit

Hi,
I do A-Level maths, physics and Business. I got the following grades in my first year: A in maths, D in business and U in physics. I spoke to my teachers about resitting all three subjects, but they said that it's better for me to move onto Y13 for all subjects and go to Y12 classes for physics alongside Y13. They told me to sit my A-Levels this year in maths and business and give physics a try and if I can't do both years in one year I can drop Y13 and stick with year 12 for this year and do Y13 as an extra year (3 years in total at college). Is this a good choice?
Secondly, I also told them that I want to study engineering at university and I'm worried that some universities might reject not sitting A-Levels in one sitting, but they said no that's only the case for medicine. Is this true?
Thank you
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 1
hey there,
i was in a very similar situation to yours last year (currently omw to uni), i was getting Us and Es for 2 of my subjects, decided to go into year 13 to see how things go (my teachers would also suggest to go into year 13), spoiler alert, in the end i didnt do much better (didn't do a resit tho)
what i'd suggest is to go onto year 13, work on year 12 content alongside year 13 content, see how things go, it might turn out that it'll get better, and if not, unis might still accept u and if u decide to do a resit then you'll make that decision later on, vast majority of universities won't look at resits so don't worry about that, just try your best in year 13 :smile:

Good luck!!
Reply 2
Original post by j3lly_f1sh
hey there,
i was in a very similar situation to yours last year (currently omw to uni), i was getting Us and Es for 2 of my subjects, decided to go into year 13 to see how things go (my teachers would also suggest to go into year 13), spoiler alert, in the end i didnt do much better (didn't do a resit tho)
what i'd suggest is to go onto year 13, work on year 12 content alongside year 13 content, see how things go, it might turn out that it'll get better, and if not, unis might still accept u and if u decide to do a resit then you'll make that decision later on, vast majority of universities won't look at resits so don't worry about that, just try your best in year 13 :smile:

Good luck!!

Ok, thank you so much for the advice
Original post by Amr F
Hi,
I do A-Level maths, physics and Business. I got the following grades in my first year: A in maths, D in business and U in physics. I spoke to my teachers about resitting all three subjects, but they said that it's better for me to move onto Y13 for all subjects and go to Y12 classes for physics alongside Y13. They told me to sit my A-Levels this year in maths and business and give physics a try and if I can't do both years in one year I can drop Y13 and stick with year 12 for this year and do Y13 as an extra year (3 years in total at college). Is this a good choice?
Secondly, I also told them that I want to study engineering at university and I'm worried that some universities might reject not sitting A-Levels in one sitting, but they said no that's only the case for medicine. Is this true?
Thank you

Hello 👋

I've created a TikTok and Instagram profile to help A-Level Business students by sharing content about exam techniques and teaching challenging topics which can help with your resits!

Feel free to follow at @academicplusofficial :smile:
Reply 4
mate I got E,D , C at AS level in 3 of the hardest alevels (bio , chem , Econ ) and got A* , A , A a month or so ago in alevels . If your willing to put the work in there is more than enough time

Quick Reply

Latest