The Student Room Group

A level subject combination for Law

Would it be okay if I don't take English if I wanted to do law in the uk and had a subject combination of Biology/Accounting Economics and Mathematics instead?
Reply 1
Original post by gordoncheers
Would it be okay if I don't take English if I wanted to do law in the uk and had a subject combination of Biology/Accounting Economics and Mathematics instead?

What I would say is check what your universities preferred subjects are in law. I am planning on doing law and I hate English so I didn’t do it, but as long as economics counts as an essay subject, you should be fine.

Maths, Economics and Biology should be fine, but you will need A stars and As for Russell Group universities and some others and a minimum of BBC.
Reply 3

for law i’m pretty sure you do need to have an essay based subject, so check what your preferred unis want, and go w the essay based subject you like. all i would say is make sure you do get a good grade for wtvr you pick bc law is pretty competitive. good luck!!!

Quick Reply

Latest