The Student Room Group

University applications based on IB predicted grades

Hi guys, I am currently in my first year of the IB diploma program, I don’t very well understand how the application works for IB students, when do we apply, when does the school give our predicted grades, when do we get conditional offers? In addition are there any specific subject grade requirements or just an overall grade requirement?
Original post by Arhaan25
Hi guys, I am currently in my first year of the IB diploma program, I don’t very well understand how the application works for IB students, when do we apply, when does the school give our predicted grades, when do we get conditional offers? In addition are there any specific subject grade requirements or just an overall grade requirement?

You can apply anytime from September to next January or October in some cases. The school should give you predictions early in the autumn term. Conditional offers can be made any time from next September to the following June depending on the university and course. For IB they make offers such as 665 and may specify a subject depending on the course you apply for.
Reply 2
Original post by swanseajack1
You can apply anytime from September to next January or October in some cases. The school should give you predictions early in the autumn term. Conditional offers can be made any time from next September to the following June depending on the university and course. For IB they make offers such as 665 and may specify a subject depending on the course you apply for.

Thanks for the information, also due to some personal issues in my family, I have not been able to perform very well in my first term of DP-1(below average - 23/42, and extremely bad in comparison to my previous grades), I will have 3 more terms so do I still have a chance to get a conditional offer form a good university based on my predicted?
Original post by Arhaan25
Thanks for the information, also due to some personal issues in my family, I have not been able to perform very well in my first term of DP-1(below average - 23/42, and extremely bad in comparison to my previous grades), I will have 3 more terms so do I still have a chance to get a conditional offer form a good university based on my predicted?

I am not an expert on IB so cant give you an answer on that. It does appear very low. Have a discussion with your school who might have more experience of IB.
Your uni choices will only see your predictions, not your interim results. So it’s really of question of what predictions you end up being given.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending