The Student Room Group

Second degree funding

I have done a first degree BA. I have also done a masters. I have started a PhD but I’m debating stopping and swapping to open uni studying maths and statistics part time. My issue is:

I’m wondering what student finance mean by ‘limited funding’.

Does this mean that I wouldn’t get the whole thing funded or is it that you only get funding for part time?

Thankyou
Original post by aw234
I have done a first degree BA. I have also done a masters. I have started a PhD but I’m debating stopping and swapping to open uni studying maths and statistics part time. My issue is:

I’m wondering what student finance mean by ‘limited funding’.

Does this mean that I wouldn’t get the whole thing funded or is it that you only get funding for part time?

Thankyou

Hi there, I have checked the course management system and the course BSc (Honours) Mathematics and Statistics Q36 Z36 is showing as an exception course for funding for Part Time. Thanks, Angela
Reply 2
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, I have checked the course management system and the course BSc (Honours) Mathematics and Statistics Q36 Z36 is showing as an exception course for funding for Part Time. Thanks, Angela

Hi, I know it is an exception. However it says you can get ‘limited funding’ for the exception courses. I need to know what that means in regards to if they cover the whole course. Do I also get a maintenance loan?
Original post by aw234
Hi, I know it is an exception. However it says you can get ‘limited funding’ for the exception courses. I need to know what that means in regards to if they cover the whole course. Do I also get a maintenance loan?

Hi there. No, for part-time exception courses you are eligible for full funding. Unless, it's a distance learning course as theses do not attract Maintenance Loan funding. Thanks, Leah.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending