The Student Room Group

Nursing Literature Review HELP!

Im having trouble writing my literature review on a topic for my final year (Wanna keep it private).
I understand the outline should be the background of my topic, aim of my review, methodology, key themes/findings, critical analysis and conclusion. I specifically don’t know how to write down the key themes and critical analysis. It’s very confusing how to separate the two. My understanding is that I discuss the common key findings/themes between the articles I chose. Then write the critical analysis of the articles: e.g. strengths and limitations, gaps in knowledge, ethical implications etc. I’m not totally sure if this correct. Any help would be good please.
Reply 1
Original post by xlisax_02
Im having trouble writing my literature review on a topic for my final year (Wanna keep it private).
I understand the outline should be the background of my topic, aim of my review, methodology, key themes/findings, critical analysis and conclusion. I specifically don’t know how to write down the key themes and critical analysis. It’s very confusing how to separate the two. My understanding is that I discuss the common key findings/themes between the articles I chose. Then write the critical analysis of the articles: e.g. strengths and limitations, gaps in knowledge, ethical implications etc. I’m not totally sure if this correct. Any help would be good please.

With qualitative data you should find patterns and themes when you look at the literature you get from your formal lit search, this is a process that’s sometimes known as coding. You’ll find that these “codes” - bits of each paper you read may cover similar topics which will become your themes. This then gives you the substance of your critical analysis that you can write about. Have a look at stuff around the process for thematic analysis. Braun and Clarke have written a lot about this and have a website: https://www.thematicanalysis.net/

You would do a similar process with quaunti data, where you would compare results (I’m not well versed in this as most my writing in recent years has looked at quali papers).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending