The Student Room Group

Mental health nursing interview at uws

Hello,I just got scheduled for mental health interview with the university of the west of scotland and was told its going to be a group interview. Will appreciate if anyone that has had this interview in the past can help me likely questions. Looking forward to hearing from you
Original post by Pinkieee
Hello,I just got scheduled for mental health interview with the university of the west of scotland and was told its going to be a group interview. Will appreciate if anyone that has had this interview in the past can help me likely questions. Looking forward to hearing from you

Group interviews you'll get opportunity to ask questions as individuals, then do your own one with interviewer and have any question you might ask them at end ok.

Just be relaxed best you can as they understand if you are nervous and will do best to make you feel comfortable, if you totally mess up by taking too long to answer things or totally nervous throughout you might not get offered anything but try not to okay.

Why did you chosen mental health nursing over the other nursing fields.
Why did you chose UWS for to study at.
Things from your personal statement maybe asked so remember what you put in this.
The NMC code of practice would be useful to read up on
The 6 C's of nursing
How you cope with stress while on shift
How to deal with irate patient
What experience do you have.
What are the key tasks you think will be entailed with this job.
How would you approach set situations.
What are the biggest risks of mental health nursing.
What are the Current issues in nursing at present.

Those are some ideas on what you could be asked at your interview as no two interviews are identical so what one group of people got asked won't necessary mean you'll get asked.

You haven't given yourself much time to prepare for yours as research and then do upmost best with it.
Reply 2
Original post by Tracey_W
Group interviews you'll get opportunity to ask questions as individuals, then do your own one with interviewer and have any question you might ask them at end ok.
Just be relaxed best you can as they understand if you are nervous and will do best to make you feel comfortable, if you totally mess up by taking too long to answer things or totally nervous throughout you might not get offered anything but try not to okay.
Why did you chosen mental health nursing over the other nursing fields.
Why did you chose UWS for to study at.
Things from your personal statement maybe asked so remember what you put in this.
The NMC code of practice would be useful to read up on
The 6 C's of nursing
How you cope with stress while on shift
How to deal with irate patient
What experience do you have.
What are the key tasks you think will be entailed with this job.
How would you approach set situations.
What are the biggest risks of mental health nursing.
What are the Current issues in nursing at present.
Those are some ideas on what you could be asked at your interview as no two interviews are identical so what one group of people got asked won't necessary mean you'll get asked.
You haven't given yourself much time to prepare for yours as research and then do upmost best with it.

Kindly help with this question ,i also have interview for mental health nursing soon but my offer didn’t say i have numeracy test ,want to know if everyone is taking numeracy test on the day of interview or it has to be on your offer .
Original post by Funfu
Kindly help with this question ,i also have interview for mental health nursing soon but my offer didn’t say i have numeracy test ,want to know if everyone is taking numeracy test on the day of interview or it has to be on your offer .
Well done for getting a interview with UWS for mental health nursing.

So what usually happens is that you'll do your interview with the university as you don't do the maths and literature test on the same day, and then you'll be asked to do a Maths and literature test if successful with your interview and you'll be given a date ( usually within a month) to attend your maths and literature test. There's nothing to worry about those tests ok as they are basic mathematics and you'll need to pass it 100% .

So you were right about doing it on getting offered a place.

I don't do mental health nursing.

Best of luck with your interview 🙂🙂🙂

I'm a NHS Scotland registered midwife with Greater Glasgow and Clyde health board.
Reply 4
Original post by Tracey_W
Well done for getting a interview with UWS for mental health nursing.
So what usually happens is that you'll do your interview with the university as you don't do the maths and literature test on the same day, and then you'll be asked to do a Maths and literature test if successful with your interview and you'll be given a date ( usually within a month) to attend your maths and literature test. There's nothing to worry about those tests ok as they are basic mathematics and you'll need to pass it 100% .
So you were right about doing it on getting offered a place.
I don't do mental health nursing.
Best of luck with your interview 🙂🙂🙂
I'm a NHS Scotland registered midwife with Greater Glasgow and Clyde health board.

Thank you for this I appreciate
Original post by Funfu
Thank you for this I appreciate

You are welcome 🤗 🤗 🤗
Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending