The Student Room Group

University offers/foundation year.

The university I want to go to requires me to have 120 UCAS points. I only have 112 UCAS points. I can do a foundation year, but I want to skip that and do the first year. If I apply to that uni with the option to start the first year, will I get rejected outright or will they offer me to take the foundation year?
Original post by Taki12
The university I want to go to requires me to have 120 UCAS points. I only have 112 UCAS points. I can do a foundation year, but I want to skip that and do the first year. If I apply to that uni with the option to start the first year, will I get rejected outright or will they offer me to take the foundation year?

Are you points actual or predicted. 8 points is 1 grade down and universities often take applicants 1 grade down so you might not be rejected.
It's worth you applying still. As Swanseajack1 said universities will often make offers to those just missing the grade requirements. This usually depends on how competitive the course is but also how strong your overall application is.
Reply 3
Original post by swanseajack1
Are you points actual or predicted. 8 points is 1 grade down and universities often take applicants 1 grade down so you might not be rejected.

Actual points.
It is worth applying they may well accept you.
Reply 5
I returned to Uni as a matured student via clearing. After I was accepted on the course, I was asked by the Uni to do a foundation year as I had my A' levels from a different country, and it had been more than two years since I was last in formal education. I was advised by friends a foundation year would be a waste of time and money. I wrote back to the Uni saying I had enough motivation to return to Uni as a mature student and did not need a foundation year. I was accepted on the course without the foundation year and I did great on it.

If I were in your shoes and confident I did not need and extra year, I would push back if offered a foundation year. The worse they can say is no.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending